PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook value with Applecare.

iamhammill
Apr 19, 2006, 05:48 PM
I have another month to decide if I'm gonna buy the Applecare for my 12" Powerbook (specs in sig). I'll be selling this as soon as the new Macbooks come out. I'm eligible for edu. discount, so the price isn't that bad, but still a lot for me.

Can I expect to get my money back for the Applecare when I sell this? I figured I could sell it now for $1000, so even with the new Macbooks coming, would Applecare make this go for $1200?

Thanks

Jake

gman71882
Apr 19, 2006, 06:56 PM
Computers worth about 1050-1200 as is.

Apple care makes very strong selling point.
Its not just the $250 dollars extra, but the 2 years of Extra warranty that will get your Powerbook sold quicker/faster with Applecare.
Piece of mind is always Worth it with a Used machine.

realityisterror
Apr 19, 2006, 07:03 PM
I'm not so sure you'll get all of your money back when you sell it (maybe if you buy AppleCare with your education discount), but you will almost definitely sell it for more and sooner.
Just like gman said, not as many people will be all that excited to buy a PowerBook from someone they don't know and they haven't seen without that 2 year warranty.

I would say you could safely raise your price about $150-200 with the AppleCare added.

reality

mjstew33
Apr 19, 2006, 07:08 PM
I'd say get it - strong selling point and a great peace of mind type 'o thing.

Get it. :)