Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leraste

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Los Angeles
Here's some new shots with my 30D I got last week. What do ya think?...

img16678dl.jpg

img16695ho.jpg

Bigger versions and more are HERE

Leraste

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Los Angeles
TheMasin9 said:
i would get a better subject than the back of a powerbook/ibook if i were you... seems like a waste of a purchase, i could do that witha PS

Well I didn't buy the camera to take pictures of my powerbook. I was just bored and did these for fun. Sorry I don't live up to your expectations... :rolleyes:

law guy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2003
Western Massachusetts
Leraste said:
Well I didn't buy the camera to take pictures of my powerbook. I was just bored and did these for fun. Sorry I don't live up to your expectations... :rolleyes:

Well, it is what he thinks, I suppose, so it's answering the question. Enjoy your 30D. I love mine and am very excited about the results with that camera.

Leraste

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Los Angeles
rickvanr said:
The outdoors shot looks really good on the misc page. Great colours.

What kind of lens are you using?

Thanks. I'm using the 18-55mm Kit lens :eek:. But I plan to purchase the 10-22mm by the end of summer:D .

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
Leraste said:

lol. really, some people around here :rolleyes:

I for one like the second pic ;)

LeapBabe

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2005
Miami Beach
Me Too!! Brought the Canon EOS 30D yesterday

I Love it!!!! My first SLR digital. There's alot I have to learn. So many functions. I'm just using the automatic mode for most shots, right now. Here's a pic of my boxer, Shortstop.

-Liza

Attachments

• ShortyKB.jpg
    ShortyKB.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 131

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2003
I too bought one. I upgraded from a 20d though. I do enjoy the ability to shoot 3 or 5 fps, the acutations seem to be alot smoother and the bigger screen is nicer. Ive only shot it once.

I need to quit my job and enjoy college and life more

Leraste

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Los Angeles
LeapBabe said:
I Love it!!!! My first SLR digital. There's alot I have to learn. So many functions. I'm just using the automatic mode for most shots, right now. Here's a pic of my boxer, Shortstop.

-Liza

I love it too! :D It's also my first digital SLR, although I own two film SLRs. I love taking pictures of my dogs too. ;)

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
Dr.Gargoyle said:
LMAO... well, to each their own. However one should be careful to bitch too much. he might be the new photographys answer to Warhold. Bubbelgum pics! :D
I'm not trying to "bitch" I was just looking for an explanation to what that is.

Leraste

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Los Angeles
jared_kipe said:
OMG wtf is this ? http://web.mac.com/leraste/iWeb/Site/Cue Photos.html you have some explaining to do...:confused:

HAHAHAHAHAH Technically, they're "Japanese Sticker Photos". It's basically a store you go in and there's about 15 booths with different styles and angles. You go inside a booth, put in about $6 or $7 and you are usually instructed by a Japanese voice telling you to pose and what not. After taking all your pictures you usually select six. Then you go outside of the booth and use these touch screens to edit/decorate them. Loadsssss of fun! I've taken hundreds... :D

Leraste

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Los Angeles
jared_kipe said:
That would be... hundreds of dollars of "stickers"?

That would be correct :eek:, but up to about 18 stickers come on one sheet. So it's not like you pay the full cost all the time unless you're taking them alone. But it's fun to take them with your friends and look back at the memories... hehe :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.