PDA

View Full Version : Question about the apple warranty and if it replaces falty headphones..

turtlemh
Apr 20, 2006, 03:00 PM
Well today I was listening to Cinderella and my right ear phone just goes to complete static. (that's what I get for listening to Cinderella right...). Anyhow my ipod video is still under warranty and I was wondering if I went to a apple store if they would give me a new pair of headphones for free?

iShane
Apr 20, 2006, 03:02 PM
They did back when I had my iPod Mini, but that might have been due the the fact that they were busy and the server was bogged down at the Apple Store so they couldn't check my warrenty(which I had by the way).

lordj4000
Apr 20, 2006, 04:00 PM
You can get a replacement here (http://depot.info.apple.com/ipod/). Just fill out the forms and wait. I've replaced a pair already through this.

Apr 20, 2006, 05:16 PM
Apple service is one of the best I know. Thay would give you new earphones withouth complaint.

3 days ago I went to see if they could change my 3gen ipod battery, since it only lasted 3 hours. I had bought the extended warranty.

So I asked who could change the battery and the guy there told me there was no problem, that they would give me a new iPod. (A new 5gen video iPod):D
I really don't know if I was the luckiest guy in the world, because if they do this with every person that goes there saying the battery isn't lasting more than 3 hours....how can Apple have profits?

Edit: I bought the iPod in BestBuy

Marky_Mark
Apr 20, 2006, 05:44 PM
^^ This is why I'm never lucky! All my luck goes to this guy! :mad: :D

lozanoj83
Apr 20, 2006, 06:59 PM
Apple service is one of the best I know. Thay would give you new earphones withouth complaint.

3 days ago I went to see if they could change my 3gen ipod battery, since it only lasted 3 hours. I had bought the extended warranty.

So I asked who could change the battery and the guy there told me there was no problem, that they would give me a new iPod. (A new 5gen video iPod):D
I really don't know if I was the luckiest guy in the world, because if they do this with every person that goes there saying the battery isn't lasting more than 3 hours....how can Apple have profits?

Edit: I bought the iPod in BestBuy
They gave u a new iPod, cuz they didnt have anymore of then in stock, remember Best Buy is not Apple, they dont have all the iPod models, and thats why they gave a new one, but its still nice to get a new one.. lol wut color did they give u by the way?

Counterfit
Apr 20, 2006, 07:10 PM
I believe the headphones qualify for replacement if they are b0rked, under the "shipped accessories" part of the warranty, or something like that.

portent
Apr 21, 2006, 12:49 AM
They gave u a new iPod, cuz they didnt have anymore of then in stock, remember Best Buy is not Apple, they dont have all the iPod models, and thats why they gave a new one, but its still nice to get a new one.. lol wut color did they give u by the way?
Apple gave him a new iPod. Best Buy does not repair or replace Apple products; you have to go to an Apple store or send them into Apple's central depot.

ipacmm
Apr 21, 2006, 01:09 AM
Apple should just give you a new set if you go down to the store, that is what they did for me.

student_trap
Apr 21, 2006, 04:52 AM

i'd have prefered a new battery in my 3G!!!!! Someone else said that apple did this with them too a little while back, do you think that they have run out of 3G stock? I ask because i was going to send one of my 3G's back to apple to get the replacement battery thing but am scared that they'll just replace it with a 5G

Apr 21, 2006, 08:30 AM

A black one:)

i'd have prefered a new battery in my 3G!!!!! Someone else said that apple did this with them too a little while back, do you think that they have run out of 3G stock? I ask because i was going to send one of my 3G's back to apple to get the replacement battery thing but am scared that they'll just replace it with a 5G

Maybe, I really didn't asked. They just asked for the warranty and checked that everything was OK with the iPod....and after a couple of minutes they said they would give me a new one. (So I really didn't complain abou it):D

But why would you prefer a 3gen iPod student_trap?

lozanoj83
Apr 21, 2006, 04:50 PM
Apple gave him a new iPod. Best Buy does not repair or replace Apple products; you have to go to an Apple store or send them into Apple's central depot.
Techincally no, remember he bought it there, and it had warranty. best Buy does not have 3rd Gen iPods in stock anymore, so they had to give him something in equal to a iPod, a iPod 5th Gen. Same thign happened to my friend. His hard drive died on his 4th Gen Color iPod, and he went to best buy, since they didnt have them in stock anymore, they gave him a 5th Gen iPod..

lu0s3r322
Apr 21, 2006, 05:06 PM
Apple should just give you a new set if you go down to the store, that is what they did for me.

same here, i went to the genius bar, said my headphones were crackling a little bit and the guy gave a new pair to me right away. i would expect them to see if you're lying or not, but they didn't!

turtlemh
Apr 23, 2006, 07:03 PM
Well I filled out that fourm and the next day I got some new headphones in the mail. The only thing bad about it is I have to call dhl to pick up the old ones or I get charged 19 dollars.

Apr 23, 2006, 08:06 PM
Well I filled out that fourm and the next day I got some new headphones in the mail. The only thing bad about it is I have to call dhl to pick up the old ones or I get charged 19 dollars.

It would have been better if you went to the store for the change. That way you could have give the earphones there, withouth the need of sendin them via dhl.
Maybe if you call Apple they could pay the $19. Try sounding angry.
Or they could even say that you dont need to send them.

turtlemh
Apr 27, 2006, 12:18 PM
I just got a confermation that they recieved my old headphones and I dident even have to pay for postage. I'm pritty impressed with apple for getting them to me so fast.

BurtonCCC
Apr 28, 2006, 12:07 AM
I've requested replacements through Apple. They ship out new ones quick.

Daniel.

chuchichan2524
Apr 28, 2006, 01:56 AM
I purchased my ipod click wheel 20gb back in September of '04. A few months ago I noticed the right earphone was emitting static. It's been getting worse. Would I be able to go into an Apple store to get a replacement?

turtlemh
Apr 30, 2006, 10:20 PM
doesn't hurt to try