Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
sam10685 said:
I just watched (and downloaded via quicktime pro) apple's latest ipod/itunes commercial (http://www.apple.com/ipod/ads/) and i got to thinking... new commercial design = new product designs soon???

i think apple are changing direction, the current ipods and nano's are themselves quite different to those that came before them! And when you also consider that we maybe seeing coloured macbooks soon, apple seems to be ageing. Personnally i'm not so keen on this change in direction. There seems to be a sense that apple is no longer the company that it used to be...but then again, thats just my opinion

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
student_trap said:
i think apple are changing direction, the current ipods and nano's are themselves quite different to those that came before them! And when you also consider that we maybe seeing coloured macbooks soon, apple seems to be ageing. Personnally i'm not so keen on this change in direction. There seems to be a sense that apple is no longer the company that it used to be...but then again, thats just my opinion

we used to have colored ibooks and imacs.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
It's most certainly targeted at those of use who are living in the world of black and white iPods -- such a focus on album art, color, etc.

But the ad also marks a shift away from the user experience (the dancing shadows) to the user's convenience (and to empowering the user with possibility).

The way the album art moves around also evokes a touch screen iPod for me, but that's just wishful, MR thinking ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.