Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
So, I'm sending my 4G ipod back in for a battery check as I can't get more than 5/6 hours out of it at the minute, when I get the box and send back in, does anyone have any idea how long it'll take Apple UK to return it to me?

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
LastLine said:
So, I'm sending my 4G ipod back in for a battery check as I can't get more than 5/6 hours out of it at the minute, when I get the box and send back in, does anyone have any idea how long it'll take Apple UK to return it to me?

Are you not close to one of the Apple Stores? When my first iPod died, it had to go to Holland and the replacement took nearly two weeks to come back. When my partner's mini died, we took it into the Apple Store on Regent St and they replaced it on the spot. Definitely worth making the trip IMO.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
I'm not far from the Meadowhall store, but would it be a swap? I only ask as I'm on a 4G model which is obviously not stocked anymore. Just a thought.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Worth ringing them beforehand to see. You'd be surprised what spares get stored behind the Genius Bars.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Ah it's not that big of a journey (30 minutes on the train, I'm in Doncaster) I might just wait till the semester's finished mid-may and make a day of it. Worst they can say is no, best is they change me for a 5G I guess.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Ok, so I've just got my UPS package arrive, and I'm going to send it back that way (easier for me really - door to door service)

Just curious how long I might have to wait for my iPod to be returned to me, and what they're likely to do. Will it be a battery replacement, a refurb 'pod, or a new 5G? I'm kinda curious on this. What's anyone's experience?

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Cool. Well I'm nipping up the local apple store Thursday in hope of a quick sort out there (it's not far and I need an excuse to get out the house with a friend or two so why not ;) ) They might be able to do a battery change there, though I'm doubting it as it only opened after the 5G was introduced so we'll see. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.