Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Camille

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
aren't you SEEK of podcasts being in your library??
Why can't JUST music be in your library, and JUST podcasts in podcasts???
To me, it sounds very logic.
This problem started with the search bar being in iTunes 5.
Will apple fix this problem one day???
Help.

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
Well I can feel where you are coming from, but it is your iTunes Library, so that includes everything iTunes contains. Though it would be nice if iTunes would contain multiple & seperate libraries at once, so you could have individual podcast library, music library, and movie library all within the same app. Maybe someday they will come out with iMedia or something.

EDIT: You could always just create a giant playlist with just all your music w/o any of the podcasts.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Yes. I am.

...or what I think Apple should really do is add a music section in iTunes. Currently, they have one for 'videos' and 'podcasts' and one for everything ('library'); why don't thy just add another one called 'music'?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
EricNau said:
they have one for 'videos' and 'podcasts'
:confused: My videos are mixed in the same folder on disk with the rest of my library, is there a way to move them elsewhere? Or are you talking about the browse bar?

Oh I get what you mean. I just have a smart playlist (not podcast or video or audiobook) or use the browse bar.

B

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
balamw said:
:confused: My videos are mixed in the same folder on disk with the rest of my library, is there a way to move them elsewhere? Or are you talking about the browse bar?

Oh I get what you mean. I just have a smart playlist (not podcast or video or audiobook) or use the browse bar.

B
I'm talking about this...

Picture 1.png

I think they should add another labeled 'music' that just has music in it.

...or a way to have everything except music automatically unchecked, so it doesn't get played while playing music.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
ironic23 said:
seek? or sick? :D :cool:

I figured this was a double-entendre about the ability to find music very quickly in iTunes and on my iPod. ;) ;)

I agree that it would be nice to be able to exclude all of the audiobook/podcast/video content when browsing through my Library.

JimmyB248

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2006
Why bother doing it through a playlist? The search bar's the most useful way of doing it, simplifies everything, only show videos, only show podcasts, audiobooks, booklets, all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.