PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Pro: Time to upgrade?

P-Worm
Feb 8, 2003, 11:02 AM
I've been using FCP 2 for quite a while now. And now I can't decide. I'm making a movie with my friends now and would like to use Final Cut Pro 3' color correction, but I'm afraid that 4 will be out too soon to justify the cost of the upgrade.

Let me emphasize that what I am doing provides me absolutely NO income, so saying that "Color correction will pay itself ten-fold" does not apply here.

I've seen very little rumors about this product, and my efforts trying to pirate it have turned up unsuccessful. (don't flame me please, I don't like stealing, but again with the money issue).

I do have the money for two upgrades, but do you think it is worth at this stage in the game to buy 3?

P-Worm

Mr. Anderson
Feb 8, 2003, 11:46 AM
Just because you used the word 'game' in you post, doesn't mean you should post this in gaming.

As for FCP4, well, most people think its going to be more expensive, with more integration with the other video software Apple has bought over the past couple years, especially since the recent release of FCP Express.

D

LethalWolfe
Feb 8, 2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by P-Worm
I've been using FCP 2 for quite a while now. And now I can't decide. I'm making a movie with my friends now and would like to use Final Cut Pro 3' color correction, but I'm afraid that 4 will be out too soon to justify the cost of the upgrade.

Let me emphasize that what I am doing provides me absolutely NO income, so saying that "Color correction will pay itself ten-fold" does not apply here.

I've seen very little rumors about this product, and my efforts trying to pirate it have turned up unsuccessful. (don't flame me please, I don't like stealing, but again with the money issue).

I do have the money for two upgrades, but do you think it is worth at this stage in the game to buy 3?

P-Worm

I don't like stealing but I do anyway and justify it. :rolleyes:

Anyway... The answer is pretty simple. Do you need FCP 3? If the answer is yes then buy it. If the answer is no don't buy it. Upgrade is what $300 USD? If FCP 4 comes out in 3 months so what? You want good color correction FCP 3 has good color correction.

Just like anyting else computer related. If you need it now buy it now. If you don't need it now wait.

Lethal