PDA

View Full Version : Are the iMacs G5 underclocked?

Willy S
Apr 22, 2006, 10:29 PM
I have 2 Rev As and Im thinking if they are underclocked, e.g. the graphics gard, and if I could safely or with little risk *fix* that? :cool:

Benjamindaines
Apr 22, 2006, 10:46 PM
I have 2 Rev As and Im thinking if they are underclocked, e.g. the graphics gard, and if I could safely or with little risk *fix* that? :cool:
I doubt it, but if they are its probably a good reason I.E. heat

Rocksaurus
Apr 22, 2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah I'm not sure how good of an idea it would be to OC the video card in your iMac with its cooling system and already toasty G5. If you wanna do it and you have a rev B or C (aka it has an ATi card in it) check out "ATIcellerator"... I'm too lazy to link you, so google it. But you've been warned...

Edit: Crap, I just noticed your sig, you have a Rev A. Sorry that really makes my post completely useless.

Edit 2: The Geforce 5200 that comes in the Rev A iMac is practically useless to overclock. It has plenty of clock speed as it is but lacks other things that make a good graphics card - which is why everyone hates it. The potential gains of overlocking the 5200 are not worth the potential losses.

Eithanius
Apr 22, 2006, 11:01 PM
I don't know about Rev B, but as for Rev C, I won't go about messing with the GC, it's already cooking itself by default at 160+°F....

Sorry, wouldn't know about Rev A though....

EDITED: btw willy, did you read too much about MBP GC being underclocked....? :p