PDA

View Full Version : 17" Powerbook Blacks Out?

tyoelin
Apr 23, 2006, 02:47 PM
This has happened three times to me now. I'll be working in photoshop on my powerbook and the screen will just black out. It is as if the brightness has been turned down all the way, but I have turned out all the lights in order just to barely see the screen. I make my way to the brightness settings, and theyre set to ful. I have the power cord plugged in and the powerbook has full charge. I know this is not an overheating issue because I had just started working on my computer for less than 20 minutes when it happened this time... whats going on?

gman71882
Apr 23, 2006, 02:52 PM
I just had a friend with a similar issue with her 15" powerbook. I told her it was the screen Backlight that was going out.
It would work normally for a while then flicker a bit and go out. She has applecare and sent it off to apple to get fixed. On the repair manifest it said they replaced an "inverter" of some sort.

tyoelin
Apr 23, 2006, 02:56 PM
this computer is practically brand new! i bought it less than a year ago, and ive had so many problems with this damn thing. and this problem happened when i ABSOLUTELY need the computer now! grrr! but thanks for the reply :)

hofnar
Apr 23, 2006, 06:21 PM
The same thing happened to me after a few months when I bought mine. Then one day I turned it on and the screen didnt turn on at all. The replaced it with a new one.