PDA

View Full Version : Running with iPOD

SLiipfert
Apr 23, 2006, 05:17 PM
Anyone have an armband that you LOVE that holds the iPOD with video? I am in search of one, but so many out have bad reviews. I have little arms, so needs to fit me, and don't want something bulky and keeps my iPOD dry.
i came across a website called www.podsplus.com and saw two, but the webiste does not have reviews on their products.
Anyone have: Sport suit convertible by Marware or XtremeMac sportwrap??

Or if you know of a site with reviews beside the Apple website, that'd be great!

GoCubsGo
Apr 23, 2006, 05:57 PM
I have used the Sport suit convertible by Marware with a 40 gig 4th gen. It worked just fine. However, I admit that it skipped or paused---one of the two once when I jumped off a curb fast. I think I just jarred it too much.

QCassidy352
Apr 23, 2006, 06:25 PM
I have run with a full size ipod, a mini, a nano, and a shuffle, and my advice about running with a full size ipod would be, "don't." No matter what apple says, a hard drive based player is never really going to be the best option for running. The constant jarring will shorten the life of the hard drive, and it will sometimes skip. Not to mention that the size is not exactly ideal for running.

If you can afford it, get a shuffle or 1 GB nano for running. (refurb shuffles for $49 at the apple store are a great deal!) Those ipods are made for running (flash memory) and are a lot less burdensome because of their small size.

SLiipfert
Apr 23, 2006, 07:10 PM
I do run with my iPOD now and have before, and I haven't had a problem with skipping or pausing, really anything. Just need a case to put it in.
Jessica: thanks for the reply, I was leaning towards that one anyhow. I didn't see where that particular case had a way to keep the slack from ear buds out of the way. Was this a problem?

LethalWolfe
Apr 23, 2006, 07:24 PM
Anyone have an armband that you LOVE that holds the iPOD with video? I am in search of one, but so many out have bad reviews. I have little arms, so needs to fit me, and don't want something bulky and keeps my iPOD dry.
i came across a website called www.podsplus.com and saw two, but the webiste does not have reviews on their products.
Anyone have: Sport suit convertible by Marware or XtremeMac sportwrap??

Or if you know of a site with reviews beside the Apple website, that'd be great!
ilounge.com/ (http://www.ilounge.com/) is probably the most comprehensive iPod accessory site.

Lethal

Apr 23, 2006, 07:32 PM
QCassidy352 I have run with a full size ipod, a mini, a nano, and a shuffle, and my advice about running with a full size ipod would be, "don't." No matter what apple says, a hard drive based player is never really going to be the best option for running. The constant jarring will shorten the life of the hard drive, and it will sometimes skip. Not to mention that the size is not exactly ideal for running.

If you can afford it, get a shuffle or 1 GB nano for running. (refurb shuffles for $49 at the apple store are a great deal!) Those ipods are made for running (flash memory) and are a lot less burdensome because of their small size.

Same here.
Just search in other forums, and you will see that a lot of people have problems when they run with teir ipods. The ipods end dying.

Instead of spending $50 in a case, buy a shuffle. You won't regret it. And it's great for running. 240 songs and very small.

grockk
Apr 23, 2006, 07:42 PM
you may not have had any problems running with the iPod yet, but you are flirting with disaster when you do. Hard drives like those in the iPod are not designed for running. Apple does a good job of mounting it for shock but i wouldn't rely on that. and if you are gonna be spending for this case it's not signifacantly more for a shuffle especially after you consider S&H.

ldburroughs
Apr 23, 2006, 07:45 PM
I've been running with the Speck Products armband for the iPod Nano and think it does a fine job of protection and feels fine on my arm. I suppose anything on the arm can be a bit annoying but it is as good as any other.