PDA

View Full Version : Backlight future in 5gen ipods

Apr 23, 2006, 11:06 PM
Anyone here knows why the 5Gen ipods dont have the future that if you pressed menu for 3-5 seconds the backlight turned on-off?

I really miss this.

Edit: 4gen ipods had this future

CoMpX
Apr 23, 2006, 11:14 PM
They probably removed this "future" because it was unnecessary. You can just add the Backlight setting to the main menu and control it from there. Or, use the backlight timer for whenever you push a button.

Apr 23, 2006, 11:23 PM
They probably removed this "future" because it was unnecessary. You can just add the Backlight setting to the main menu and control it from there. Or, use the backlight timer for whenever you push a button.

But there are sometimes when I don't want the light to turn on, like when I increase-decrease volume. And I don't find very attractive to have to go to main menu to turn the backlight on.

I mean, this future didn't gave problems. Why remove it?
Does anyone feel the same? Or am I the only one who used this future?:(

applemacdude
Apr 23, 2006, 11:49 PM
apple broke this feature in their second firmware upgrade for 5g ipods

Peyton
Apr 24, 2006, 12:00 AM
But there are sometimes when I don't want the light to turn on, like when I increase-decrease volume. And I don't find very attractive to have to go to main menu to turn the backlight on.

I mean, this future didn't gave problems. Why remove it?
Does anyone feel the same? Or am I the only one who used this future?:(

AHH!! I'm sorry to be a jerk, but its 'feature' not 'future'! sorry, you said it like 3 times that way and had to correct.

Go dig up the old firmware and 'update' your pod. Problem solved, cept if you run into problems, you have to get the latest version, then all is lost again.

Apr 24, 2006, 07:00 AM
AHH!! I'm sorry to be a jerk, but its 'feature' not 'future'! sorry, you said it like 3 times that way and had to correct.

Go dig up the old firmware and 'update' your pod. Problem solved, cept if you run into problems, you have to get the latest version, then all is lost again.

lol..thanks for correcting...I sometimes make that kind of mistakes

mox358
Apr 24, 2006, 09:34 AM
I agree with Roco. I used this feature quite a bit on my old iPod. I tried it using my 5G and was surprised it didn't work. Hopefully a future firmware update will restore it.

It is nice when you're just messing with the volume or skipping to the next song and you don't want to invoke the backlight - for the sake of battery life and/or being in a car and annoying other people with the screen kicking on for 10 sec.

I can live without it... but I'd prefer to have it back. :cool:

Eraserhead
Apr 24, 2006, 10:18 AM
They won't bring it back, press and hold menu takes you back to the main menu much more useful IMHO.