PDA

View Full Version : water on ibook keyboard

rieks
Apr 24, 2006, 12:33 PM
hello...i wonder if anybody has any ideas about what i should do here, or what the problem is. i spilled a cup of tea on my ibook and now a bunch of the keys don't work....(grrrr). is this a major problem as far as being fixed goes??? any input would be great!!

calebjohnston
Apr 24, 2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah, that actually probably is going to be probablem. Turn the computer off if you haven't already and just get it in to an Apple store ASAP. Tell them you spilled tea on it, and keys aren't working.

If you don't soon, there could be damage to the logic board or other components on the way.

nukiduz
Apr 24, 2006, 01:25 PM
oh.. that hurts. my brother spilled a whole glass of water on his powerbook and it suddenly shut down. he inmediatly used a hair dryer on it for a while and it booted again normally. i guess he acted quite quickly but it could work for you. good luck.

calebjohnston
Apr 24, 2006, 01:41 PM
Water is different than tea. Tea will get sticky and be very, very bad for the inside. Like I said, get to an Apple store now.

nukiduz
Apr 24, 2006, 02:13 PM
oops. i read 'water' in the title and didn't realise it was tea. surely tea would be worse as it can stick easier.

galstaph
Apr 24, 2006, 05:01 PM
the sugars in the tea might be crystalized on the keyboard contacts, this could lead to shorts and other bad things. Take it to apple as suggested if possible.
Maybe you should look into something like an iskin (I use one and highly recommend them) to at least cover the keys so it lessens the impact if/when there is a next time.