PDA

View Full Version : Fake iPod Nanos Popular

MacBytes
Apr 25, 2006, 01:09 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Fake iPod Nanos Popular (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20060425140938)
Description:: It appears the fake iPods are flying off the shelves in Taiwan.

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by arn

Stella
Apr 25, 2006, 01:18 PM
They are cheap, they look "ok"... why not.

Not everyone wants to use iTunes and have an official iPod.. so what if it doesn't work with iTunes.

If it makes them happy, then good!

wasimyaqoob
Apr 25, 2006, 01:28 PM
Looks so cheap.

Gee
Apr 25, 2006, 01:38 PM
On a completely unrelated note inspired by your sig, Stella Artois is nicknamed 'wifebeater' over here. Has a bit of a reputation for making one aggressive.

Analog Kid
Apr 25, 2006, 01:46 PM
Half the price of a Nano? Wow. So much for the benefits of owning all the flash in the world, eh?

Benjamin
Apr 25, 2006, 01:56 PM
Interesting... but i still love my 4GB nano.

ethernet76
Apr 25, 2006, 02:01 PM
Like the Chinese would buy something that's not a knockoff.

I remember watching a PBS special on Chinese goods. Pretty much any consumer good made in China appears on the streets in knockoff form within two weeks.

If I lived over there I'd be hard pressed to find a reason to pay twice the price for a real nano.

arn
Apr 25, 2006, 02:02 PM
video support is interesting too

arn

paddy
Apr 25, 2006, 02:02 PM
Nice alternative for those without the high budget but I'll stick to my lovely Apple hardware thank you very much :p

Stella
Apr 25, 2006, 02:05 PM
On a completely unrelated note inspired by your sig, Stella Artois is nicknamed 'wifebeater' over here. Has a bit of a reputation for making one aggressive.

The UK is sad.

I'm so glad Canada hasn't had to put up with Carling! :-)
( who would take it?! )

zv470
Apr 25, 2006, 02:18 PM
yes, McDonalds food is very "popular" as well.

nagromme
Apr 25, 2006, 02:19 PM
Anyone who thinks Apple's fit and finish and attention to detail are "easy" need only look at these knock-offs that don't have it :) They give me exactly the opposite impression of a real nano. A real nano held in my hands makes me want to spend money and own one. These just make me think "might do the job on some basic level, if I didn't use iTMS."

Of course, there's always a place for cheap. Cheap is good! But it shouldn't be cheap AND ripping off Apple's IP AND trying to trick the customer.

bigandy
Apr 25, 2006, 02:20 PM

see, from what i've seen, it's just people likely to be more agressive in the first place that drink it.

i can't stand the stuff. it's like budweiser (not a complement, in any form :p ).

bigandy
Apr 25, 2006, 02:21 PM
i think calling this the Nano Apple is asking for legal action, ignoring the more than passing resemblance...

Phobophobia
Apr 25, 2006, 02:25 PM
Half the price of a Nano? Wow. So much for the benefits of owning all the flash in the world, eh?
The lower price is more likely due to not having to pay massive advertising, R&D, distribution and administrative costs--which Apple does.

p0intblank
Apr 25, 2006, 02:33 PM
Ahh, they look so hideous!!!!

*cries*

svenr
Apr 25, 2006, 03:46 PM
The lower price is more likely due to not having to pay massive advertising, R&D, distribution and administrative costs--which Apple does.
... and from having half the memory and no click wheel (what you see there are push-buttons made to look like a wheel (http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/15/keepin-it-real-fake-weekend-edition-most-blatant-nano-knockof/)).

Stella
Apr 25, 2006, 03:52 PM
see, from what i've seen, it's just people likely to be more agressive in the first place that drink it.

i can't stand the stuff. it's like budweiser (not a complement, in any form :p ).
A gross generalisation. You can say the same for just about any type of beer.

jobberwacky
Apr 26, 2006, 11:54 AM
Production is exported to factories in Copystan. Who'd have thunk that fakes would appear in almost no time?

zv470
Apr 27, 2006, 08:07 AM
God they are hideous! :eek: Those pictures should carry a warning, "Warning, The following may disturb!". and then... followed by 3 sets of: are you sure you want to continue? are your really sure? are you really really sure you want to see some design-vomit? Yuck people have no taste.

Gasu E.
Apr 27, 2006, 12:05 PM
A gross generalisation. You can say the same for just about any type of beer.

Not at all. It depends what you are looking for. To put a positive spin on it, Stella is noted for its "drinkability" (as is Budweiser), which basically means it is bland. If you are looking for a water-substitute, to get loaded as quickly as possible, or to increase your caloric intake, Bud and Stella are excellent choices. If you're looking for a tasty, interesting beer, there are far better alternatives.