PDA

View Full Version : Ahh... Best Buy

runninmac
Apr 25, 2006, 07:43 PM
Well about 4 weeks ago both my 2 GB iPod nano and 30 Gig iPod photo broke. So I went to best buy said they said it would be a nice-n-easy fix and I would have it back in less than 2 weeks. Well today (16 days later FYI) I get it back everything seemed fine until 1/2 way loading my songs it came up with some error saying their wasn't enough space (even-though it's a 30 Gig HD and I only have 19 gigs of music). Do you have any suggestions of what to do, I tired restarting it it doesn't show up. When I turn it on it just says KB where the 30 Gigs would normal go (In Settings > About). I really don't want to go back to BB because I hate the store and I feel ripped off for buying the "extended warranty" that doesn't seem to work.

... and then with my iPod nano it broke, brought it into the Apple Store scheduled with a mac genius (who actually was smart) and then 10 minutes later I was out with a new iPod nano, if only BB could learn.

BTW Im now done shoping at Best Buy.

eva01
Apr 25, 2006, 07:46 PM
Reformat HD?

I don't understand from your post if you have tried that or if your iPod wont show up on computer.

have you done the 5Rs

runninmac
Apr 25, 2006, 07:50 PM
Reformat HD?

I don't understand from your post if you have tried that or if your iPod wont show up on computer.

have you done the 5Rs

I would if it would actually show up on the computer. My iBook had its first lock up (so that i had to hold the power button on it to shut it off) when I tired to reformat the drive. Now after that the iPod wont show up on the computer.

eva01
Apr 25, 2006, 07:58 PM
Have you hard reset the iPod?

Does it show up in disk utility?

If you open up iPod updater does it recognize it?

Does it say something is connected to the port in system profiler?

Superdrive
Apr 25, 2006, 08:28 PM
Have you been to apple support? Have you run built in diagnostics? Never trust Best Buy when they 'promise' something. Especially from the service areas. Although the extended service plan is a good idea. You could be left with nothing right?

runninmac
Apr 25, 2006, 08:33 PM
Ok I restarted my computer then had to reformat it (some weird way Ive never had to do before) but now it works just one small proboblem, the damn BB people put a 20 Gig insted of 30!:mad:

Any genius want to do this math?

eva01
Apr 25, 2006, 08:37 PM
as far as my math is concerned that doesn't equal 30

so then you go back there ask them what they will do for you because of their screw up and refuse "oh we will just fix it again" tell them they will have to do better.

mjstew33
Apr 25, 2006, 09:15 PM
They put a 20GB'r in, not surprised - I HATE Best Buy. HATE them.

Get BB to replace it or fix it again.

Wow... :rolleyes: (that was at BB)