PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic HJE70 Headphones

bursty
Apr 25, 2006, 10:39 PM
Has anyone used these? Any kind of input as to how they compare to the Shure E2c? I've read a handful of reviews and they seem pretty popular, but I was just curious if anyone here has some input.

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?displayTab=O&storeId=15001&catalogId=13401&itemId=89200&catGroupId=25108&modelNo=RP-HJE70-S&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702&surfModel=RP-HJE70-S
http://www.sensibleaudio.com/ProductImages/panasonic1/RP-HJE70-S.jpg

Piarco
Apr 26, 2006, 09:55 AM
I had a pair - and they are as good as people say. Great design, brilliant sound. Definitely don't judge straight out of box, but give it a decent burn in (say 2 days playing constantly) and they come into their own. I did prefer these to the e2c's - enhanced by the price. The sound is best described as clean. Good non-muddy bass, excellent midrange, and thankfully clear non-silbant treble.

I sold mine as I'm waiting for the HJE71's to come out - they come in a range of colours and I'm after a white pair to match my FM Remote. The only down side for me is that they need an extension cord - and these are always too long for me. If it was a single cord design, I'd have never sold mine on.

bursty
Apr 26, 2006, 12:18 PM
I had a pair - and they are as good as people say. Great design, brilliant sound. Definitely don't judge straight out of box, but give it a decent burn in (say 2 days playing constantly) and they come into their own. I did prefer these to the e2c's - enhanced by the price. The sound is best described as clean. Good non-muddy bass, excellent midrange, and thankfully clear non-silbant treble.

I sold mine as I'm waiting for the HJE71's to come out - they come in a range of colours and I'm after a white pair to match my FM Remote. The only down side for me is that they need an extension cord - and these are always too long for me. If it was a single cord design, I'd have never sold mine on.
Thanks for the input, I think I'm gonna pick up a pair.

Alasta
Apr 26, 2006, 02:13 PM
Users on ilounge.com are raving about how good they are.

bursty
May 4, 2006, 03:53 PM
Well I just got the headphones today. They sound amazing. The only thing that pisses me off is that the cord to the left bud is like 6in long and the cord to the right bud is like 12in long. Panasonic says its to keep the wires on the left side and out of your way. :rolleyes: It's annoying the hell out of me, but at least they include an extension cord.

bursty
May 4, 2006, 09:05 PM
This is really pissing me off. I'm thinking about just cutting the cords to equal lengths. :(

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8498/smalldsc009734ci.jpg

luckylisp
May 4, 2006, 09:13 PM
Creative does that sometimes too. I agree it's very annoying. : \

vd0t
May 5, 2006, 12:28 AM
I use these headphone. They are absolutely amazing!

BTW, the longer cord is designed to wrap around your neck. And the extension cord is a tad annoying - my only complaint.

Piarco
May 5, 2006, 07:26 AM
I don't mind the longer right cord length - I find its a good way to keep the cord out of my way the majority of the time. Inless I want my 'Pod in a bag/pocket on my right. Thats a pain.

I agree with vd0t though, the extension cord is too long. IMHO optimal total cord length is 1.2m, and I've begun to avoid headphones that are greater in length (my er-6i's were around 1.6m, and the excess cord was annoying as hell) which does mean that I stop myself from getting buds from the Shure range for example. Hopefully with the new Panny's (71's?) they do an option like Sony - short or long corded - so I don't need an extension anymore.

luckylisp
May 5, 2006, 12:14 PM
BTW, the longer cord is designed to wrap around your neck. .

I always wore it in the front. No wonder it annoyed me. :o