Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darbsrewop

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
When I booted XP on my mac mini this morning the screen was sideways, I tried to reboot and same result. Any ideas?

isgoed

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2003
had the same thing in 3DMark03 today. When running the benchmark it ran 90 degrees tilted. The settings also said 1024x1280 instead of 1280x1024. I also have a mac mini.

Mojo67821

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2006
darbsrewop said:
When I booted XP on my mac mini this morning the screen was sideways, I tried to reboot and same result. Any ideas?

As a longtime windows user, I have seen this before, but bear in mind I'm not entirely sure this is what's happening to you.

Windows XP has a function that allows you to essentially flip the screen any way you would like, the purpose of which is incase you have an LCD monitor and would like to mount it on a cieling or wall somewhere. One day while trying to hit control alt delete I hit "control/alt/down" by accident... whoo boy. It flipped my screen upside down! Imagine the hilarity of me trying to read internet articles upside down trying to figure out just what the f### happened to my computer.

I'm not sure if it applies to flipping the screen left or right, but I can't see why not. if it happens again try hitting "control/alt/left" or "control/alt/right". Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.