PDA

View Full Version : Ripping from network playlists

domzanghi
Apr 27, 2006, 07:11 PM
Does anyone know of a script or program to rip songs from someone else's network playlist.
For example, if I have a home network and my windows computer has enabled sharing their itunes library on the network, can I rip it to my mac computer? I know there are similar scripts to rip songs from my iPod to my iTunes.

Thanks in advance!

mad jew
Apr 27, 2006, 07:13 PM
Can't you use the network to transfer the actual song files, bypassing iTunes? :)

balamw
Apr 27, 2006, 07:14 PM
google ourtunes.

B

domzanghi
Apr 27, 2006, 09:17 PM
google ourtunes.
B
Ourtunes seems to be good. I'm using it as a stand alone... Can i use it from within itunes (i'm not familiar with what .jar files are)?

Also is there a Windows program that will do the same thing? Thanks!

balamw
Apr 27, 2006, 10:58 PM
Ourtunes seems to be good. I'm using it as a stand alone... Can i use it from within itunes (i'm not familiar with what .jar files are)?

Also is there a Windows program that will do the same thing? Thanks!
jar is a Java Archive, and works fine on any Java supported platform, including Windows.

As such , it doesn't run within iTunes.

B

domzanghi
Apr 27, 2006, 11:19 PM
Thanks

Le Big Mac
Apr 28, 2006, 09:41 AM
Can't you use the network to transfer the actual song files, bypassing iTunes? :)

These song files are, of course, not copyrighted, and public domain, correct?

:rolleyes:

Eraserhead
Apr 28, 2006, 11:14 AM
jar is a Java Archive, and works fine on any Java supported platform, including Windows.

As such , it doesn't run within iTunes.

B
You might prefer MyTunes (http://www.minimalverbosity.com/) for Window's IMHO it's a better program than Ourtunes as it auto-adds songs into your iTunes library, it also doesn't require java, though the website owner didn't (and may well still) not allow you to download from it with Internet Explorer.