PDA

View Full Version : Sudden NANO Urge!

MattyMac
Apr 28, 2006, 08:59 AM
I have a sudden urge to go to an apple store this weekend (maybe today) and buy a 1gb nano. However, I have a 20gb 4g ipod and I feel guilty about buying it, as I dont listen to my 4g all that much. I just think I would use the nano more since it is more convenient. Plus I just want one!!! ....ahhhhhhh:eek:

Is this normal???
Should I buy it?

someguy
Apr 28, 2006, 09:03 AM
Yes, and sell me your 4G. :)

MattyMac
Apr 28, 2006, 09:16 AM
Yes, and sell me your 4G. :)
haha how much??

Danksi
Apr 28, 2006, 09:35 AM
I have a sudden urge to go to an apple store this weekend (maybe today) and buy a 1gb nano. However, I have a 20gb 4g ipod and I feel guilty about buying it, as I dont listen to my 4g all that much. I just think I would use the nano more since it is more convenient. Plus I just want one!!! ....ahhhhhhh:eek:

Is this normal???
Should I buy it?

Go take a cold shower, save your money for another week, use your existing iPod during that week and then see what else you want.

calebjohnston
Apr 28, 2006, 10:06 AM
Go take a cold shower, save your money for another week, use your existing iPod during that week and then see what else you want.

Someone with common sense; finally.

MattyMac
Apr 28, 2006, 12:35 PM
way to harsh my mellow

MattyMac
Apr 28, 2006, 02:24 PM
White or Black??:)

Kardashian
Apr 28, 2006, 02:34 PM
I think the 1GB is overpriced, as well as the 4GB.. the only one I can justify is the 2GB.. and considering the price, and what you can get a 30GB Video for.. hmmmmm.

But if you really, really want one... Get white.. you will regret the day you EVER got black.

Or get a video iPod and get my Apple Dock (I'm selling) from the Marketplace :D lol

MattyMac
Apr 28, 2006, 03:01 PM
I think the 1GB is overpriced, as well as the 4GB.. the only one I can justify is the 2GB.. and considering the price, and what you can get a 30GB Video for.. hmmmmm.

But if you really, really want one... Get white.. you will regret the day you EVER got black.

Or get a video iPod and get my Apple Dock (I'm selling) from the Marketplace :D lol
Yeah but I can only justify the purchase because I sold a broken Ipod mini and I have enough money to buy a 1gb nano. I will only put my top songs on it.

Also Im eligible for the student discount!

Why would I regret getting black???????

snakelda
Apr 28, 2006, 06:16 PM
scratches are noticable more on the black iPod than white iPod

Kardashian
Apr 28, 2006, 06:50 PM
Yeah but I can only justify the purchase because I sold a broken Ipod mini and I have enough money to buy a 1gb nano. I will only put my top songs on it.

Also Im eligible for the student discount!

Why would I regret getting black???????

This sums it up..
scratches are noticable more on the black iPod than white iPod

And we don't mean scratches like, hmmm, have you ever seen iBook casing? Under EXTREMELY bright light, you could see very faint surface scratches.. but with the black iPod.. its worse.

They basically show up as thick, grey lines - everywhere, all over the whole damn thing, the screens don't suffer that scratch thing anymore, but the whole front of your iPod will look as if you've rubbed it with sandpaper after a few weeks.

It winds me up when a hairline scratch is viewable under intense light on the chrome.. can't imagine what would happen if I had a black iPod.

It ends up lookin' like a piece of trash. I beg you, PLEASE don't get black! And, white headphones look sick (in a bad way) with it, and if its in a dock, with with an iMac or iBook.. it looks tacky as hell.. looks alright with a Powerbook or MacBook Pro though - probs cos the white 'n black clashes :confused:

Anyway.. get white :)

MattyMac
Apr 28, 2006, 08:38 PM
This sums it up..

And we don't mean scratches like, hmmm, have you ever seen iBook casing? Under EXTREMELY bright light, you could see very faint surface scratches.. but with the black iPod.. its worse.

They basically show up as thick, grey lines - everywhere, all over the whole damn thing, the screens don't suffer that scratch thing anymore, but the whole front of your iPod will look as if you've rubbed it with sandpaper after a few weeks.

It winds me up when a hairline scratch is viewable under intense light on the chrome.. can't imagine what would happen if I had a black iPod.

It ends up lookin' like a piece of trash. I beg you, PLEASE don't get black! And, white headphones look sick (in a bad way) with it, and if its in a dock, with with an iMac or iBook.. it looks tacky as hell.. looks alright with a Powerbook or MacBook Pro though - probs cos the white 'n black clashes :confused:

Anyway.. get white :)
HAHAHA thanks...I will get white!

swingerofbirch
Apr 29, 2006, 12:36 AM
I try to use the 1 week rule.

Wait 1 week. If you still want it, then seriously consider a purchase.

My personal opinion is, if your iPod is still working, why not wait to get a new one until it breaks? Clean it up a bit, update the software, get a nice case for it. Treat 'er nice. ;)

gammamonk
Apr 29, 2006, 01:09 AM
While other users are offering you restraint, I would like to tell you that I think my Nano is the best purchase I've made in a long time. I have a 3G iPod that I didn't use much anymore. I now use it for an external harddrive, and use my Nano almost daily. The Nano is an awesome mp3 player, and it gets looks from people around you.

MattyMac
Apr 29, 2006, 09:29 AM
Thanks for all of these amazing responses. I have actually thought about it for abouat a week now and am rally considering a white 1gb. Worst case scenerio is that I buy it, use it for about a month, KEEP IT IN PRESTINE CONDITION, and then its in the same position as my 4g and not being used that often. In this case I could just sell it in the marketplace or on ebay. Apple products do have good security that way, in that they have an amazing resale value. But, I DOUBT this will happen, its just in case! If anything I would probably end up selling my 4g.
Thanks again, and keep the opinions coming!

nitynate
Apr 29, 2006, 10:44 AM
You should think about buying it before you do.
I would, if I had the money.....
As said before, wait a week.

luckylisp
Apr 29, 2006, 11:50 AM
Well, if you didn't use your old 4G one much, it's very possible you might not use the new one much either. Unless the smaller size is your main motivation in thinking you'll use it more. In that case, if you have the money for it already, go for it. You only live once and all that. :)

MattyMac
Apr 29, 2006, 02:12 PM
Hopefully I can make it to an apple store tonight:cool:

viccles
Apr 29, 2006, 06:19 PM
Do it do it do it do it! Nanos are great....so are the video ones. But if you dont have a huge music collection go the nano

MattyMac
Apr 29, 2006, 09:06 PM
1GB WHITE NANO:D

her name is nuna

luckylisp
Apr 29, 2006, 09:12 PM
Nice! Enjoy it. :)

MattyMac
Apr 29, 2006, 09:24 PM
Nice! Enjoy it. :)
I know iWill

shadowmoses
Apr 30, 2006, 02:25 AM
Congrats on the purchase....You will definatly use it more than youre 4g mainly becuase they are so small you can stick it in your pcoket wherever yu go and whip it out for a quick listen.....To make the most of it load it up with music and podcasts and take it everywhere with you....

SHadOW

GnarleyMarley
Apr 30, 2006, 02:45 AM
Congrats!

Man, I've got the urge at the moment also. I gave my mom my 30gb video for her birthday a few weeks ago. She kept "borrowing" it so many times that I decided it would be easier if she just kept it. So anyway, I liked my 30gb but it was rather big compared to a nano. I've been eyeing that 2gb white ever since i got my ibook. Man they would look good together...

MattyMac
Apr 30, 2006, 07:23 AM
Congrats!

Man, I've got the urge at the moment also. I gave my mom my 30gb video for her birthday a few weeks ago. She kept "borrowing" it so many times that I decided it would be easier if she just kept it. So anyway, I liked my 30gb but it was rather big compared to a nano. I've been eyeing that 2gb white ever since i got my ibook. Man they would look good together...
GO FOR IT!

GnarleyMarley
Apr 30, 2006, 04:14 PM
GO FOR IT!

I DID!!! Ebay style...

$157 for a new 2gb nano.:D

My iBook won't be lonely anymore.:p

iMarley
May 6, 2006, 03:50 AM
Does anyone know if The Apple Store will take returns on ipods that haven't been opened without a reciept? Like not trying to get cash back, just trying to exchange...