Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notheremuch

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
I can't tell if my monitor is "flickering" or not. Sometimes, when I blink it looks like there is flickering (entire upper half of the screen, almost like when they used to shoot monitors in movies at the wrong frame rate)..... or when my hair falls over my eyes....this is a recent development over the past two weeks or so. It is not getting worse, but I do seem to notice it more often.

It may be an optical illusion..... I can't figure out if it is flickering or not. Even as I type this (and blink) I think I see the slight shaking...

What the hell is going on? This is only about 6 months old! What should I do!!??

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
notheremuch said:
I can't tell if my monitor is "flickering" or not. Sometimes, when I blink it looks like there is flickering (entire upper half of the screen, almost like when they used to shoot monitors in movies at the wrong frame rate)..... or when my hair falls over my eyes....this is a recent development over the past two weeks or so. It is not getting worse, but I do seem to notice it more often.

It may be an optical illusion..... I can't figure out if it is flickering or not. Even as I type this (and blink) I think I see the slight shaking...

What the hell is going on? This is only about 6 months old! What should I do!!??

Apple store for a check if you ain't sure. thats the only way of really finding out

notheremuch

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
CanadaRAM said:
Screens can also "jump" if you are chewing something, because the jaw impacts make your eyeballs jiggle; if it is only related to when you blink or something, it may be a visual illusion rather than a problem.

I'm going to be the one in a billion guy that can see a monitors refresh rate.......great....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.