Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Hey, I know this might not be possible since I have minor experience with these types of boards... but is there a way we could have a different color 'arrow' instead of the one that already exists when we write in a thread when someone actually quotes you?

Example, a black arrow when someone has quoted you in a thread, I know I don't revisit every thread I write in, and this would allow people to answer questions people may have had about their post, etc.

just a thought. could definitely put in the 'vain' catagory of thoughts tho. ;)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i'm not sure its possible with vBulliten actually, but if it is possible, it would be great to know if someone has quoted your post, makes going back through your posted threads easier.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
You are welcome to poke around at vbulletin.com and at vbulletin.org and see what's available.

I'm not one to judge how the site should use colors, so I'll leave that for others' opinions.

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2004
UK
On another vB forum I visit, they have a list in the UserCP of the last 20 people to quote you, and a link to that thread. I might ask the admin if that hack is available for you.

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2004
UK
Sorry for the double post, but I've asked the admin on that forum I mentioned, and he says he got it off vB.org, but it was removed due to copyright issues. He thinks he's still got a copy of the original zip and would send it on to me if necessary.

Arn/Dr.Q: PM me if you want it, and I'll see what I can do.

Attached is an example - it's not a Mac forum, it's purely coincidence that the top two posts are in mac-related threads ;)
Picture 1.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.