Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zdank420

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
What is the point of having a big hyped-up launch of the new Power Mac dual 1.42GHz machines, and then having them be "not in stock" at every retailer? Does anybody have insight into what went wrong, and/or when they should resume shipping?

synthetickittie

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2002
Boston
nothin went wrong.. if you looked when they first were announced the first shipping date said 4-6 weeks. I ordered mine week after that

zdank420

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
hmmm....

i guess they forgot to mention that in the "switch" campaign.... My 23" Apple LCD is sitting here all alone... and macwarehouse says it will be that way till mid-March! I wonder if the ATI 9700 will be available by then....

zdank420

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
p.s.

not "every new system"... i could buy 100 1 GHz iMacs today if I wanted to.

synthetickittie

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2002
Boston
hey same here.. Im on my pc and my new 23inch display I just bought in the corner of my room and the shipping date for my mac is march 19th but hell I think it will DEFINITLY be worth the wait. And not to be an ass but if you looked on apple before you ordered you could of seen that you had to wait 6 weeks and if you didnt want to wait that long you could of ordered a 1.25 powermac that were in stock and now I think it went up at 3-5 days. I knew this but still thought it was worth the wait and sitll happy I made this decition.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
apple cant keep volume of anything, especially with resellers. you will be lucky to get it in that amount of time. and if you ordered it with the 9700, expect a long time, i would guess april, but im not sure how they are doing things this time around.

iJon

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Originally posted by iJon
apple cant keep volume of anything, especially with resellers. you will be lucky to get it in that amount of time. and if you ordered it with the 9700, expect a long time, i would guess april, but im not sure how they are doing things this time around.

iJon
The ATI 9700 is not available for odering. At least not at the Apple Store, so they couldn't have ordered a machine that way.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by Bear

The ATI 9700 is not available for odering. At least not at the Apple Store, so they couldn't have ordered a machine that way.
yes true, but the way i was talking about, if you plan on ordering one with one its gonna be a long time. i would guess early as april, late as may.

iJon

zdank420

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
i never suggested i ordered the 9700, i was simply wondering if it would even be available at that time... FYI my order was placed via MACwarehouse in an effort to take advantage of the free 512 MB of RAM deal... (+ the $40 installation fee).. for the love of god, is it too much for me to ask to run Final Cut Express in one window and have a transparent Unix prompt in another before April?????

is nothing sacred?

i wonder if orders through apple.com will be processed faster than those placed through the re-sellers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.