PDA

View Full Version : iPod Headphone Jack

Payson
Apr 30, 2006, 05:28 PM
Hi, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section...

When I plug my headphones into my iPod, the right headphone keeps shorting out... I've tried multiple pairs of headphones... any ideas? Sorry to bother anyone, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

iJawn108
Apr 30, 2006, 05:40 PM
Hi, sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section...

When I plug my headphones into my iPod, the right headphone keeps shorting out... I've tried multiple pairs of headphones... any ideas? Sorry to bother anyone, any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Either your headphones wires are fuxed, your head phone tip is dirty or bent or.... the jack itself is dirty or bent. I normally find that with cheaper headphones the wires tend to break in them (especually in cold weather) and it's worth spending some bux like $20+ on a pair.

Payson
Apr 30, 2006, 05:48 PM
Either your headphones wires are fuxed, your head phone tip is dirty or bent or.... the jack itself is dirty or bent. I normally find that with cheaper headphones the wires tend to break in them (especually in cold weather) and it's worth spending some bux like $20+ on a pair.

What should I do about a broken or dirty jack? Thanks for the help!:)

iJawn108
Apr 30, 2006, 06:01 PM
What should I do about a broken or dirty jack? Thanks for the help!:)
Well try some other headphones first to make sure it's not on that end. If it's dirty clean it with some Hydrogen-peroxide(alcohol could have a wierd/bad effect) on a qtip. If it's broken... uhh can't help there. :(