Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
Apple has announced its second Canadian store.

As was widely known, Apple Store - Toronto Eaton Centre has been under construction for some time. One could peek through the door crack and see a nearly complete store.

The newest Apple store will open its doors on Saturday, May 6 @ 9.30am

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
ipedro said:
Apple has announced its second Canadian store.

As was widely known, Apple Store - Toronto Eaton Centre has been under construction for some time. One could peek through the door crack and see a nearly complete store.

The newest Apple store will open its doors on Saturday, May 6 @ 9.30am

Awesome! I'll have to see if amacgenius wants to hoof up there this weekend.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I must admit though that I'm pretty disappointed with this "downtown" store.

Apple should have sought out a large location with outdoor access at Yonge & Dundas. Two Apple stores in malls ... common. I hope they don't call this Apple's flagship Toronto store.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
ipedro said:
I hope they don't call this Apple's flagship Toronto store.

At only 4000 square feet, it's not a flagship store by any measure.

Toronto is supposedly getting a third store later this year, at Sherway Gardens...I haven't seen any word on store size.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
WildCowboy said:
Toronto is supposedly getting a third store later this year, at Sherway Gardens...I haven't seen any word on store size.

Good ... but hopefully, that is not their flagship store either.

I'm guessing Yorkville's posh flagship stores will attract Apple to this location. I still think they should have located a large store at Canada's busiest intersection: Yonge + Dundas Square.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Does anyone know if there are any plans to build stores anywhere in Canada other than Toronto?

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
^ I heard that one in Montreal on Rue St. Catherine is in the works.

EDIT: Just noticed that you're from Vancouver. My news above doesn't really help you does it? I'm sure Vancouver will get its own Apple Store soon enough.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Supposedly, stores are in the works in the Vancouver (Pacific Centre, but possibly in a street level store nearby), Montreal (Le Carrefour Laval), and Calgary (Chinook Centre).

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
WildCowboy said:
Supposedly, stores are in the works in the Vancouver (Pacific Centre, but possibly in a street level store nearby), Montreal (Le Carrefour Laval), and Calgary (Chinook Centre).

Thanks. That would be great if we got one in Pacific Center.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
The Apple Store @ The Toronto Eaton Centre opened Saturday morning.

141541460_ba98ec920d_o.jpg

Hundreds of Apple fans were waiting in line for the most anticipated store openining at The Eaton Centre in recent memory. The first 1000 received the much coveted limited edition Apple T-Shirt.

This is the second Apple Store in Canada (the other one also in Toronto @ Yorkdale Mall) and will be another boost to Apple's share of the market in Canada.

Since I first purchased my PowerBook last year, I've directly influenced the decision of more than 10 people in switching as well. If this trend continues, we're going to have quite a few people getting Macs this year.

141540431_c4fac8c3d8_o.jpg

Check my photos of the store opening @ Flickr.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I must say that it feels smaller than the one @ Yorkdale.

I'm not sure if it felt small because there were so many people in it, but I did notice that the children's area is very very small. The Genius Bar seemed larger though. It was manned by 6 geniuses.

I'm hoping that it can't meet the demand and they'll see a need for another store downtown. I'm crossing my fingers for a Yorkville flagship store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.