PDA

View Full Version : iPod Video as Portable DVR?

fh2level
May 2, 2006, 06:12 PM
Can the iPod Video be used as a Portable Digital Video Recorder like the Archos 500? I want to use a wireless camera and record the video while on the go (no wall plugs) and I have an iPod video and didn't know if it could do the same thing as an Archos before I go buy one.

ITASOR
May 2, 2006, 06:16 PM
Not without any accessories (which I do not believe are available), because the iPod does not have the line in jack like the other device you gave a link for.

wmmk
May 2, 2006, 06:24 PM
Can the iPod Video be used as a Portable Digital Video Recorder like the Archos 500? I want to use a wireless camera and record the video while on the go (no wall plugs) and I have an iPod video and didn't know if it could do the same thing as an Archos before I go buy one.

wait, i could take a digital still camera, get one of these archos things (or preferably an iPod video) and use it as a HD camcorder?

SWEETNESS!

Whigga Spitta
May 3, 2006, 11:17 PM
wait, i could take a digital still camera, get one of these archos things (or preferably an iPod video) and use it as a HD camcorder?

SWEETNESS!

i don't think it's quite that easy, although i did see an interesting link the other day.

http://www.bella-usa.com/Catapult.htm

it will be nice when tapes (and capturing) are a thing of the past for the average joe...