PDA

View Full Version : Macs That Speak Fluent PC

MacBytes
May 2, 2006, 09:54 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Apple Hardware
Link: Macs That Speak Fluent PC (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20060502225417)
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

gman71882
May 3, 2006, 12:03 AM
Theres no reason to buy a regular PC ever again!!!!
Theres options for anyone and everyone out there now.

kev0476
May 3, 2006, 12:51 AM
it does allow me to go rub it in their faces that a mac can now do everything a pc does PLUS MORE. I was always admitting that macs don't have games, well they just got owned!

virus1
May 3, 2006, 01:08 AM
have to say it: price.

adios.

Nermal
May 3, 2006, 01:20 AM
Price is why I bought my first Mac, an iBook. It was the cheapest laptop with a decent video chip. Three-and-a-bit years later, I'm still here, on my sixth Mac :)

Lollypop
May 3, 2006, 01:30 AM
Cool article! "frosting on a already tasty cake", find that very appropriate, never really like windows or frosting on a cake! :p :D

cwtnospam
May 3, 2006, 07:55 AM
have to say it: price.

adios.
PC's have always cost more than Macs. When you add up the cost of the box, the cost of your time spent getting the machine to do what you want and the cost of antivirus and antispyware software, you realize that the PC is and always has been outrageously expensive. Early on, the time (read money) spent getting PCs to function was higher than it is now, but now the cost of dealing with PC viruses is much higher, so the excessive cost remains about the same.

Airforce
May 3, 2006, 08:00 AM
PC's have always cost more than Macs. When you add up the cost of the box, the cost of your time spent getting the machine to do what you want and the cost of antivirus and antispyware software, you realize that the PC is and always has been outrageously expensive. Early on, the time (read money) spent getting PCs to function was higher than it is now, but now the cost of dealing with PC viruses is much higher, so the excessive cost remains about the same.

Completely disagree. Starting cost is all that matters these days. Cost of your time while at home is just that, payless time at home. Antivirus/Antispyware can be acquired for free.

Eraserhead
May 3, 2006, 09:24 AM
Completely disagree. Starting cost is all that matters these days. Cost of your time while at home is just that, payless time at home. Antivirus/Antispyware can be acquired for free.
I disagree you have to value your free time too, I'd much prefer to be doing something fun rather than setting up a computer, it's certainly worth something.

I certainly agree that good anti-spy (Spybot, Microsoft AntiSpy, Adaware) are all free though.

roach
May 3, 2006, 09:32 PM

hmmm....my home system is sli (dual video card) and my laptop is HP TC1100 tablet pc (much prettier than any apple laptop)...and both aren't available to mac users. Not unless Apple copies PC hardware (again...intel)!!

roach
May 3, 2006, 09:48 PM

Actually, my PC is forever getting being upgraded, but I had the same PC for the last 3 1/2 years...maybe 4 years. I never buy a whole new system. Just recently, I got a motherboard that will work with my current cpu, memory and HD, but now I got SLI...now my machine is screaming fast. Next...maybe in a year or so, I'll add a dual core cpu. Man, my machine can go on forever as long as they keep my box standard!! My cost is spread over the years...way cheaper than having to buy killer machine!

PC virus is no issue, machine checkup/cleaning is automatic...never been face with virus issue. I truly think this virus thing is blown way out of proportion. At work, they have over 200 PC and they never been down due to virus...sorry, but I think it's an Apple fanboy excuse blown way over its actual truth. Not say there's no such thing, but not to the magnitude it's being describe. I think Apple is great, but don't believe the other side (PC) is a hell hole! There are actually people who enjoy owning a PC!