PDA

View Full Version : iPod relief for trapped miners

MacBytes
May 3, 2006, 09:11 AM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: iPod relief for trapped miners (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20060503101124)
Description:: Trapped miners in Australia are given iPods to help pass the time until rescuers can extract them

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

redAPPLE
May 3, 2006, 09:51 AM
i'd want to know, when was the last time m$ or dell made people in misery happy :D.

with all the misery in this world, thank god something positive happens now and again.

dashiel
May 3, 2006, 10:01 AM
i'd want to know, when was the last time m$ or dell made people in misery happy :D.

with all the misery in this world, thank god something positive happens now and again.

bill gates has given away something like one-third of his personal fortune to charity. his charitable foundation as of 2005 has an endowment of 29 billion dollars. say what you will about the company (and i do, more than most) you can never question gates' compassion for those less fortunate. a few ipods to some trapped miners doesn't even register compared to gates' work.

Kingsly
May 3, 2006, 10:08 AM
bill gates has given away something like one-third of his personal fortune to charity. his charitable foundation as of 2005 has an endowment of 29 billion dollars. say what you will about the company (and i do, more than most) you can never question gates' compassion for those less fortunate.
... not to mention the world's largest tax break. ;)

winmacguy
May 3, 2006, 01:17 PM
I hope they got a battery recharger with the iPod.;)

BurtonCCC
May 3, 2006, 01:32 PM
bill gates has given away something like one-third of his personal fortune to charity. his charitable foundation as of 2005 has an endowment of 29 billion dollars. say what you will about the company (and i do, more than most) you can never question gates' compassion for those less fortunate. a few ipods to some trapped miners doesn't even register compared to gates' work.
Quite honestly, Bill Gates should be giving much more than a third of his fortune away. I bet he could give away 3/4 and still have enough money to buy Africa.

The more money you have, the more money you have to give away, in my opinion.

Daniel.

solvs
May 3, 2006, 10:40 PM
bill gates has given away something like one-third of his personal fortune to charity.
His wife and her parents run the foundation. Before her, he didn't give away anything. He doesn't tip either. But let's not go down that road again.

joepunk
May 3, 2006, 11:52 PM
What would you add to the playlist?

I am thinking Hole would be a good choice :)

CanadaRAM
May 4, 2006, 12:00 AM
What would you add to the playlist?
I am thinking Hole would be a good choice :)
Chrissie Hynde & The Pretenders - Chain Gang
Rita MacNeil - Working Man
The Velvet Underground (anything)
Jean M Jarre - Oxygene
Air (anything)
The Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime
Neil Young - Heart of Gold
Pete Seeger - John Henry Song
Paul Robeson - Climbin' Up (from the film score to King Solomon's Mines)
Switchfoot - Learning to Breathe
Sarah Mclachlan - Surfacing
Led Zepplin - Stairway to Heaven

The Truth
May 7, 2006, 09:49 AM
The poor guys are still down there. Tomorrow will be two weeks. Hope they didn't use up all the battery in the first day!

zap2
May 7, 2006, 10:09 AM

bills a good guy when it comes to donating but he himself said he does not like being super rich, yet he keep enought $$$ to stay rich

Stridder44
May 8, 2006, 04:59 AM
I know I read about this too, and think it's awesome!