PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Playlist

pknz
May 6, 2006, 12:40 AM
I accidentally deleted my iTunes playlist. Any simple way to get it back?

I think if I don't quit iTunes and just hold power button down it might come back as iTunes won't have closed properly.
Any other suggestions?

Unfortunately I dont have an up to date export of it.

iTunes should really have an Undo function.

Doctor Q
May 6, 2006, 01:39 AM
Did iTunes ask if you wanted to remove the files from the Library, i.e., confirming the deletion? Did you answer yes?

Did it then ask if you also wanted to delete the songs from your hard disk? Did you again answer yes?

In the Finder, if you start in your home folder and open the Music folder, then the iTunes folder in there, then the iTunes Music folder in there, do you find any files or folders? Are they your music files?

pknz
May 6, 2006, 02:36 AM
No it was just the Playlist not the song files. They are all intact.

However my library has my sisters music as well and it will be a pain if I have to look through that and recompile my own playlist.

I had my Playlist selected and pressed cmd+del I thought I was in the finder, but apparently iTunes was still the 'front' app. No confirmation messages came up. :mad:

Doctor Q
May 6, 2006, 11:00 AM
I'm glad you weren't deleting the songs from your library, which is what I thought you might have meant.

Playlists are just "meta-information". I believe they are stored in file iTunes Music Library.xml in your iTunes folder. iTunes doesn't bother with recovery options for deleted playlists, so if you delete one I don't think you can do anything about it, unless you have a backup of that file.