PDA

View Full Version : To get the best battery life...

rye9
May 6, 2006, 11:52 AM
OK, well I got a 2nd generation iPod mini last year in February, and the battery life is about 3 hours I will guess. The battery sometimes I will fully charge and when I start to play a song... it tells me thet battery is depleted and turns off.. so I turn it back on again and it works fine. Generally, the battery is very jumpy, and the ipod will go off when the meter is only at half.

I am considering getting a 5G iPod now... because of this battery life issue, and since this is such a short interval between buying an iPod... I would want to make sure the battery life stays relatively normal. So what would be the best thing to do to keep the battery life long? Rarely using it depletes battery capacity, right? So I should use it often? Thanks in advance for the help. :)

crazzyeddie
May 6, 2006, 04:25 PM
Just use it normally. Not using it will deplete the battery and using it too much will also have the same effect. Just use it as much as you normally would and things should be fine. :)

Pokeon
May 7, 2006, 12:57 AM
OK, well I got a 2nd generation iPod mini last year in February, and the battery life is about 3 hours I will guess. The battery sometimes I will fully charge and when I start to play a song... it tells me thet battery is depleted and turns off.. so I turn it back on again and it works fine. Generally, the battery is very jumpy, and the ipod will go off when the meter is only at half.

I had that problem too... I found it was due to my hdd... and then I jsut sent it back and got a newone.

rye9
May 7, 2006, 07:56 AM
I had that problem too... I found it was due to my hdd... and then I jsut sent it back and got a newone.

How'd you know it was a problem with the HDD? The difference bewteen my case and yours thouhg is that my mini iis out of warranty. :o

MIDI_EVIL
Jun 14, 2006, 07:26 AM

Yes i have this problem, can anyone be sure that it is the HD?

Rich.

Obsidian6
Jun 15, 2006, 01:54 PM
I have a question about this actually.

I have a 5th Gen 60GB, i bought it used on here, and the original owner said that they always used it in their car connected to a charger at all times so the battery should still be nearly untouched.

however, i find that even after listening to music for about an hour ( not on shuffle ) the battery drains nearly a quarter of the way. i thought it was supposed to be nearly 20 hour battery??? my nano isnt even rated that high and it lasts forever.

fortunately it is covered by both the applecare AND a best buy warranty, so if something is up with it ill just take it in, but if its something im doing wrong id like to know :)