PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Video categories for iPod/Front Row

LastLine
May 7, 2006, 02:32 AM
Hey all.

Recently started adding all my TV shows and home music videos (out through iMovie for the music vids) to iTunes. I've changed the category within iTunes to TV Show/Music Video as appropriate but this doesn't seem to make a difference in Front Row or on my iPod. Any ideas how I can get this to categories properly in them? Is there a utility somewhere that can help me do this properly?

Chundles
May 7, 2006, 08:45 AM
Hey all.

Recently started adding all my TV shows and home music videos (out through iMovie for the music vids) to iTunes. I've changed the category within iTunes to TV Show/Music Video as appropriate but this doesn't seem to make a difference in Front Row or on my iPod. Any ideas how I can get this to categories properly in them? Is there a utility somewhere that can help me do this properly?

Go to versiontracker.com and look for an app called "Lostify." It allows you to change the data of the file so that iTunes etc. recognises it as a TV Show, Music Video etc. You can assign episode numbers, season numbers, air dates, lots of things. Simply drag the file or group of files onto the Lostify icon and go about changing the settings. It will make a copy of the file with the suffix -tagged on the end. It's these files you can now add to iTunes. iTunes will add the tagged file to the library so once it's done you can delete the original and the -tagged file.

Don't worry too much about the file name when you add it to iTunes, whatever you named it in Lostify will be what the file is called once the import is carried out.

Great little freeware app, couldn't live without it.

Whigga Spitta
May 7, 2006, 04:25 PM
thank you, this app is a great find and i found it just in time.

i just ripped 24 gigs worth of TV DVD's and was just about to import them into iTunes...

LastLine
May 7, 2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah - sodding great stuff :D