Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Well, I haven't seen any yet, but I'll have to go look around and maybe get a pic (carefully, don't want to get arrested). But they would be pretty damn obvious.

I've driven by the Pentagon quite a few times over the past couple months and all that's obvious is the Humvees along the roadside (I-110), but they're not loaded with the stinger missles.

At National Airport, where I'm working again in the hangar, we're sharing our space with US Customs. They've brought in BlackHawks and some small corporate jets for Homeland Defense. Its pretty cool, saw them take a CNN crew out today for a flight/tour. I'm sure there will be a news article online within the week.

D

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/02/11/air.defenses/index.html

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Yeah, I heard about this on the radio today. I was a little surprised actually. Do they expect another air-based attack? When they raised the security level last week I really didn't think too much about it, but when I heard that they had done this, I thought again, and am now a little concerned.

Regards,
Gus

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Its almost if we're trying too hard to look like we're doing something. One of the BlackHawks was sent out this evening, don't know what for.

If it is a plane based attack the next time around, it won't be a commercial, hijacked, airlines. It will be a private jet or prop plane. The no fly zone has been extended outwards from DC and surrounding airports by a bit and anything private that comes close is going to get intercepted by a large number of aircraft.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.