PDA

View Full Version : Final Cut Express 1.0.1 update


medea
Feb 12, 2003, 10:07 PM
The update improves performance and stability, links keyframe parameters to the Motion tab, and adds NTSC and PAL noncontrollable device presets. http://www.apple.com/finalcutexpress/download/

altivec 2003
Feb 17, 2003, 09:44 AM
Well, I hope that this fixes some of the problems that I have had. It seems that almost every time I try to open FCE after quitting it crashes and I have to reinstall it. Of course that MIGHT be becuse I am running 10.2.1 instead of 10.2.2 or newer.

shadowfax
Feb 17, 2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by altivec 2003
Well, I hope that this fixes some of the problems that I have had. It seems that almost every time I try to open FCE after quitting it crashes and I have to reinstall it. Of course that MIGHT be becuse I am running 10.2.1 instead of 10.2.2 or newer.

why not update it? is 10.2.2 in the FCE requirements?

pantagruel
Feb 17, 2003, 06:39 PM
cool, Ive been thinking of ordering this, its cheaper than Pro and I doubt I could ever use Pro to its full extent. Anyone try both programs?

patrick0brien
Feb 20, 2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by pantagruel
cool, Ive been thinking of ordering this, its cheaper than Pro and I doubt I could ever use Pro to its full extent. Anyone try both programs?

-pantagruel

I have. Actually I moved from FCP to FCX due to the cost factor and I don't use all but one of the extra features or FCP.

The one I wish and miss terribly that FCP had, and FCX does not, is the ability to keyframe effects. Big problem in my book, but the US$700 savings allows me to whimper far more quietly.

Features I don't miss in FCX:

Capturing SeaCAM, Beta, Film, HD (FCX is DV only)
Batch capture (Always was problematic)
3-channel color corrector (FCX has 2-channel)

patrick0brien
Feb 20, 2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Shadowfax
why not update it? is 10.2.2 in the FCE requirements?

-Shadowfax

Actually 10.2.3+