Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marshling

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2006
My girlfriend got me a new ipod but the format is for Windows. does anyone know how to reset this to Mac??

Thanks alot.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
marshling said:
My girlfriend got me a new ipod but the format is for Windows. does anyone know how to reset this to Mac??

Thanks alot.
Why bother? It'll work anyway.

drFUNK

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2006
noVA
In OS X, go to Applications > Utilities > iPod Software Updater. Run the latest dated "iPod Updater" file.

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
marshling said:

Thanks alot.
A FAT32 formated (Windows) iPod will work on a Mac, but a Mac formatted iPod will not work on a Windows PC. I would suggest to leave it Windows formatted, then you can use it as an external drive for transferring files on basically any computer. Unless of course you have some specific reason for needing it to be Mac formatted
By the way, if you have anything on it right now, formatting it will wipe it clean, just so you know.

BigMacUser

macrumors member
May 26, 2006
My Ipod wont come up in Itunes...its a windows formatted Ipod...and the Itunes is on my new MBP....how do i do this?

BigMacUser

macrumors member
May 26, 2006
I went into Itunes and the prefrences and then to ipod and it says my windows formatted Ipod isnt connected but it is...I have the Ipod icon on my desktop with the name of my ipod underneath the ipod picture....WTF?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.