Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rein

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
So, my mom wants an iPod (She didn't specify which one, but I might ask her tomorrow or something) for mother's day, but me and my sister believe that she's going to lose it, and we really don't want to pay for something that she might just lose. I really want to make her happy, but I don't know if I should go through it and get her one... Sigh. She wants one when she works out and stuff, so what would be the best kind for her? My sister was suggesting a shuffle, but I think they're too ugly for my mom. :p

Also, I was also thinking of getting a 5th Gen iPod. Should I try to get one this summer for my birthday or just wait until the 6th generation whenever it decides to appear? :\

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
I guess you need to ask her some questions if you wanna make sure she's really happy:

1. Would she mind not being able to control which song is being played? (if she doesn't, and she has a small music library, shuffle is perfect!)
2. Any need for video play? (probably not)
3. Cost limits?

Nano sounds best to me, really depends on the size of her library.

Rein

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Yeah, I'm guessing her music supply will grow as time goes on, since she's been pressuring me to give up a little bit of computer time so she can download songs and stuff or rip her cds. In reality the final choice is up to my sister, since she is the one paying for it. >_>;

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.