PDA

View Full Version : Revolution on Apple Dicussions!

skoker
May 9, 2006, 10:31 AM
WOW!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=473429&tstart=0

liketom
May 9, 2006, 10:38 AM
best quote from Phil88
"I feel like apple beat me up and stole my lunch money.

You bastards will pay for this."
poor gits

kretzy
May 9, 2006, 10:39 AM
I found the number of these amusing.

Dell Windows XP Pro

crees!
May 9, 2006, 12:29 PM
Thread's gone.

Mord
May 9, 2006, 12:56 PM
can someone summerise the jist of it?

Marky_Mark
May 9, 2006, 06:04 PM
Thread's gone.

Nope. Still there. Just read it through.

can someone summerise the jist of it?

A bunch of people on the Canadian iTunes store pre-ordered the new Red Hot Chilli Peppers album, and paid an additional $20 for the priviledge of being able to buy concert tickets online with a promotional code, through TicketMaster, before the tickets went on general release to the public.

Apple had problems emailing the codes out and the thread became increasingly hysterical as more and more people logged on to berate Apple as the promotional window (just a few hours long, from what i could ascertain) started, and with a large number of codes outstanding. A few got them for the start, but as you can imagine, the best seats went quickly so there were a lot of dissatisfied customers. Enough, in fact, to actually crash the Forum. Twice.

Not one to laugh at the misfortune of others, but quite an entertaining read, nevertheless.

Fukui
May 10, 2006, 01:54 AM
Not one to laugh at the misfortune of others, but quite an entertaining read, nevertheless.
I bet most people's emails just ended up in the spam folder or trashed automatically. Since the email probably contains all normal spam stuff like "Here is your promotion code" and "Free something or other" and "Your tickets ere ready" etc. etc.

Some people are really nuts...

swingerofbirch
May 10, 2006, 04:52 PM
Sounds like a legit complaint...Apple has been on my nerves lately too: .Mac e-mail has been super spotty and they often don't return support e-mails
(which actually may just be a function of the spotty e-mail ironically) and the Daily Show multipass often delivers episodes in an untimely manner, and still no Macbooks! :mad: