Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XNine

macrumors 68040
Original poster
I've been looking around the net, and I see all of these packages with UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH, TEN BILLION EMAIL ACCOUNTS, FREE E-COMMERCE etc etc etc.

What if I just want, say, 3 email accounts, and 1 gig of bandwidth a month? Nothing big, nothing small, but something in the middle where I have all of these email accounts sitting around for no reason?

I'm looking to spend maybe 12 bucks a month or something.

Any ideas?

jaydub

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
I've got hosting with http://www.2mhost.com. It's way cheap, and I've never had downtime problems. I currently have three email accounts running, and they allow for 10gb transfer, so long as you aren't hosting movies or music (or at least, that's what the stipulation used to be). :)

L

Lau

Would $25 a year do you? Even the next package up is $5 a month, and it's more than enough. I host 3 sites on the "Tiny ($25/year) package". Excellent customer service too, and good uptime.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
Well, it may not have email, but nearlyfreespeech.net works fine for me.

caveman_uk

Feb 17, 2003
Hitchin, Herts, UK
sabor said:
pair.com - great support
I use Pair. They are very professional and reliable. They are not cheap but they deliver everything they promise. They do seem to expect a rather high level of knowledge than the average newbie might possess though.

TechZone

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2004
Make sure you read the user reviews before you sing up with a webhost. Search in google for webhosting forum .. ask your question over there .. you will get detail information wbout the web host you want to singup. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.