PDA

View Full Version : google's sketchup

count chocula
May 11, 2006, 07:24 PM
i think this is the right place for this. :cool: i've just recently starting using sketchup, and havent quite gotten the hang of it yet. anybody else using it?

pdpfilms
May 11, 2006, 10:42 PM
i think this is the right place for this. :cool: i've just recently starting using sketchup, and havent quite gotten the hang of it yet. anybody else using it?
why "google's" sketchup? Isn't this application made by someone else?

Wait, are you talking about the $500 sketchup software? I used the demo for a while, till my time ran out. Maybe we're not talking about the same thing....

Architecture software?

thejadedmonkey
May 11, 2006, 11:24 PM
why "google's" sketchup? Isn't this application made by someone else?

Wait, are you talking about the $500 sketchup software? I used the demo for a while, till my time ran out. Maybe we're not talking about the same thing....

Architecture software?
Yup, we're talking about $500 software that google bought and is now giving away for free! (ok, so it's a watered down version, full featured is still $500). I tried it for about 10 minutes...I need to actually follow the tuturial, but it looked AMAZING!

pdpfilms
May 11, 2006, 11:57 PM
Yup, we're talking about $500 software that google bought and is now giving away for free! (ok, so it's a watered down version, full featured is still $500). I tried it for about 10 minutes...I need to actually follow the tuturial, but it looked AMAZING!
Oh, 5h1tmonkeys! I'm there.

EDIT: Dangit! No mac version yet.

virividox
May 12, 2006, 03:20 AM
run it in bootcamp :)

count chocula
May 13, 2006, 09:28 AM
try this: http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/10470 its just a demo for mac, but hopefully it'll last until google releases the mac version

Mblazened
May 13, 2006, 07:49 PM
I want to try!