Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2001
Well as I usually do I (stupidly) rushed to get the latest version of mac os x. Download it, and start back up. My automated script to connect to the internet failed after working perfectly for months. I looked at the PPP log and I get "could not access concentrator". My Hermstedt Webshuttle Dsl modem now refuses to connect on 10.2.4 and I seriously hope there is an update or I have a £100+ worthless piece of junk. Now more to the point, does anybody have a down grader to 10.2.3? Please help :mad: :( :( :( :( .

FattyMembrane

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2002
bat country
if you haven't already, try connecting manualy, not with the script. repair permissions if you have not done so. other than that, i'm not sure what else there is to do. i know apple offers the 10.2.x upgrades on a cd, but i don't know if they're shipping 10.2.3 anymore. i hope that you find a solution.

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by FattyMembrane
if you haven't already, try connecting manualy, not with the script. repair permissions if you have not done so. other than that, i'm not sure what else there is to do. i know apple offers the 10.2.x upgrades on a cd, but i don't know if they're shipping 10.2.3 anymore. i hope that you find a solution.

Tried the manual connection, no juice. Repairing disk permissions now.

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 22, 2001
I found about 5 other people with the same problem on the apple's discussion site and one of the Hermstedt customer support workers found it and we have been told they know the issue and are ectifying it as I type this. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.