PDA

View Full Version : should I leave I-Pod "on"?

pentree68
May 12, 2006, 08:52 AM
should I leave my i-pod "on" all the time and when not in use plug it in to my usb port and let it automatically go to sleep and re-charge? Or should I turn if manually "off" when I'm done and leave it plugged in to charge?
thank you!
jenny

mad jew
May 12, 2006, 08:53 AM
I never manually turn mine off. I just pause the song I'm on, lock the click wheel and let it do its own thing. :)

student_trap
May 12, 2006, 09:35 AM
I never manually turn mine off. I just pause the song I'm on, lock the click wheel and let it do its own thing. :)

same here

pentree68
May 12, 2006, 10:00 AM

thanks! i just got my nano. i'll follow your suggestions. i looked in my instructions that came with it and i could not find how to "lock the click wheel". would it be too much bother to ask you how to lock it?????
thanks!
jenny

Counterfit
May 12, 2006, 10:04 AM
See the little slider on the top? Slide it over until you see red.

reh
May 12, 2006, 10:07 AM
thanks! i just got my nano. i'll follow your suggestions. i looked in my instructions that came with it and i could not find how to "lock the click wheel". would it be too much bother to ask you how to lock it?????
thanks!
jenny

The hold switch on top.
http://ipod.x0.com/resources/IMG_0885.JPG

pentree68
May 12, 2006, 11:25 AM
See the little slider on the top? Slide it over until you see red.
thanks again! i clicked the slider to the "hold" position. didn't see red since i'm color blind but i did see a pad lock icon appear on the screen. once i clicked the bar to the "hold" position it locked the wheel. thanks so much for your help
jenny