PDA

View Full Version : When I set a movie as "TV Show" in iTunes, they don't show up on my iPod...

BurtonCCC
May 12, 2006, 11:52 AM
So my latest task is putting all of my individual Family Guy episodes from DVD onto my iPod. I did the first four episodes a few days ago and set them as "TV Shows" in iTunes, but then they were nowhere to be found on my iPod, even though when I plugged my iPod back into iTunes, I looked through its contents and they were definitely on it. So, I changed all of them to "Music Video" and they appear fine now in my iPod.

It's weird... there's not even a "TV Shows" category in the videos section of my iPod.

Anybody have a fix? The new Mac commercials didn't show up either until I changed them from "TV Show" to "Music Video," so it's not just videos that I'm encoding.

Daniel.

Chundles
May 12, 2006, 11:59 AM
You need a program called Lostify. It allows you to properly tag shows with episode number, season etc.

It's free and it's great. You can batch process files, it will make copies of the files with -tagged at the end of the name. Drag these tagged files into iTunes and when it's done you can delete the two original files.

BurtonCCC
May 12, 2006, 12:04 PM
You need a program called Lostify. It allows you to properly tag shows with episode number, season etc.

It's free and it's great. You can batch process files, it will make copies of the files with -tagged at the end of the name. Drag these tagged files into iTunes and when it's done you can delete the two original files.
Cool, I'll check it out when I get back on my PowerBook and let you know how it goes.

Being home from college with a Mac mini and a PowerBook with only one internet connection sucks. I have an AirPort Express, but the mini doesn't have the card. Annoying.

Daniel.

tobefirst
May 12, 2006, 12:25 PM
I've never used Lostify, but that sounds pretty cool.

What I've done with all my Scrubs episodes is just made a video playlist for each season. This works well enough for me.

tdhurst
May 12, 2006, 02:55 PM
Being home from college with a Mac mini and a PowerBook with only one internet connection sucks. I have an AirPort Express, but the mini doesn't have the card. Annoying.

Daniel.

Set up the airport express, connect wirelessly via the powerbook, connect the powerbook to the mini via ethernet and share that connection from the powerbook.

Sure, it takes away from the portability of the powerbook but only for the short times you need to access anything via the mini.