PDA

View Full Version : Assasins Creed on 360

MacRumorUser
May 13, 2006, 04:03 PM
From an iGN insider blog

Rumours have been circling the Internet recently, related to the presence of Sony's PS3 at this years E3 gaming expo in LA. IGN has claimed that an Assassins Creed Demo was actually being run on Xbox360 hardware. The IGN article has since been removed, but here's a quote of the article:

"Ubisoft Montreal revealed its next incredible project, Assassins: Creed, exclusively for PlayStation 3 at E3 this year, much to the delight of Sony console fans and to the dismay of Microsoft consoles fans. Ubisoft officially would not comment on a possible Xbox 360 version.

According to sources close to the company, however, there are potential plans for an Xbox 360 version at Assassins: Creed sometime in 2007. Additionally, Microsoft sources who asked not to be mentioned by name, claimed the demo, hidden behind closed doors at E3, was running on an Xbox 360 using a third-party USB PlayStation controller. The game system was hidden in a stand covered by a sheet. Again, Ubisoft officials would not comment."

From Joystiq

Ubisoft hopes to turn Assassin's Creed into a full-fledged franchise. This first installment will make its debut next week at E3. It's worth noting that the game has not yet been concept approved by Sony.

Update: Assassin's Creed (or 'Project Assassin,' as it was formerly titled) was also announced for the Xbox 360 at X05. Despite 1Up's article, and until further notice, the game should not be considered a PS3 exclusive.

Jury still out on that one for an obvious reasons - but interesting none the less.

I'm pretty sure there will be a 360 version maybe in the same stylee as Prince o Persia or Beyond Good and Evil, coming out a month or two after the exclusive launch of the ps3 version.....

Haoshiro
May 13, 2006, 04:50 PM
Yeah, it never made sense that it would be PS3 exclusive. This is Ubisoft, when have they avoid Xbox?

I also recalled "Project Assassin" being for 360/PS3, perhaps I heard that from X05 as well.

If it is exclusive at all, I wonder how much Sony paid them for that. The only reason Ubisoft would avoid Xbox 360 sales (and so far I definitely think I'd buy it) is if they were offered more money to keep it exclusive then they projected making from the 360 version.

Would be funny if it is true it was running on 360 hardware though, would speak for the ease of development; which is something Enchanted Arms designer said about it, that it was only due to the very easy development on the system that they could deliver such a large scale RPG in so little time.

I could see that quickness translating into 360 getting cross platform games first... and perhaps even more exclusives... we will have to wait and see!