PDA

View Full Version : WII need...

sam10685
May 15, 2006, 03:43 AM
...Mario Kart game, James Bond game, Burnout game, Quake/Doom game, moto GP game, Donkey Kong game, Mortal Kombat game, Grand Theft Auto game... can u think of more?

MacRumorUser
May 15, 2006, 04:46 AM
...Mario Kart game, James Bond game, Burnout game, Quake/Doom game, moto GP game, Donkey Kong game, Mortal Kombat game, Grand Theft Auto game... can u think of more?

What wii need is a confirmed release date, a confirmed launch lineup and a confirmed price......

Ill settle for those 3 things first :)

howard
May 15, 2006, 06:54 AM
yeah, those games were all fun,

but what Wii really need is something new!

Chaszmyr
May 15, 2006, 06:58 AM
I wouldn't hold your breath for a Wii GTA game. Until I get my hands on a PS3 and a Wii, I don't know what games I would want on which system.

Dagless
May 15, 2006, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't want a Wii GTA game. They're horrendously buggy and terribly made.

I need a release. not release date. I want the Wii now. I'd also like a bit more money so I could really go to town on the launch titles :D

.Andy
May 15, 2006, 08:05 AM
I'd love a Mario Kart and a Castlevania. Those two would keep me happy for a while :).

Haoshiro
May 15, 2006, 08:45 AM
What? No Lightsaber love? Jedi Knights 4!

mrgreen4242
May 15, 2006, 08:53 AM
I wonder if Wii could do for Castlevania what the GCN did for Metroid... that is move the series to a new gametype. I was thinking Castlevania as a 3rd person Tombraider-esqu adventure game, with killer, moody light effects, and of course, an awesome whip controller.

Sorry if I offended you die hard, sidescroller Castlevania fans... it's bound to happen eventually, though. Hopefully the handhelds will keep the 2D stuff alive for us. :)

Chaszmyr
May 15, 2006, 09:05 AM
I wonder if Wii could do for Castlevania what the GCN did for Metroid... that is move the series to a new gametype. I was thinking Castlevania as a 3rd person Tombraider-esqu adventure game, with killer, moody light effects, and of course, an awesome whip controller.

Sorry if I offended you die hard, sidescroller Castlevania fans... it's bound to happen eventually, though. Hopefully the handhelds will keep the 2D stuff alive for us. :)

I don't know if you are aware or not, but there have already been two 3D Castlevania cames for PS2. I have a feeling Castlevania will probably be heading to PS3, not Wii

Haoshiro
May 15, 2006, 09:27 AM
They also did two such games on the N64....

mrgreen4242
May 15, 2006, 09:27 AM
I don't know if you are aware or not, but there have already been two 3D Castlevania cames for PS2. I have a feeling Castlevania will probably be heading to PS3, not Wii

Well, look at that... color me ignorant! I had forgotten that Konami started making Castlevania games on the PS1 and then never considered that there would have been non-Nintendo Castlevania games. I always think of Castlevania as a Nintendo franchise, for obvious historic reasons, plus the several GBA games, and the DS game which is either out or upcoming... not a huge Castlevania fan, so don't recall...

Anyways, if Konami knows whats good for them, they'll be making a Wii Castlevania... I mean, whip controller WITH whip sounds on the little speaker, c'mon, that's almost as good as Indiana Jones with the same control mechanic!

They also did two such games on the N64....
Yep, you're right there, too. I had Castlevanis on the 64 as being sidescroller still. I think I was confused and had the PS1 CV game in my head as the N64 one, and the PS1/2 not having any CV games at all... goes to show how much I know!

crachoar
May 15, 2006, 09:52 AM
I wonder if Wii could do for Castlevania what the GCN did for Metroid...

What? Ruining it and throwing away everything the series is known for? Yeah, I suppose it would, if you're into that.

I was thinking Castlevania as a 3rd person Tombraider-esqu adventure game, with killer, moody light effects, and of course, an awesome whip controller.

NOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry if I offended you die hard, sidescroller Castlevania fans...

Apology not accepted!

Anyways, if Konami knows whats good for them, they'll be making a Wii Castlevania... I mean, whip controller WITH whip sounds on the little speaker, c'mon, that's almost as good as Indiana Jones with the same control mechanic!

No.

On a more serious (sort-of) note, IGA (the producer of said games) already said it's more than likely, a no-go on the Wii (for Castlevania). He feels the controller would only complicate things and he's happy with the DS. He did say that he'd like to get his hands on the Dev Kit and see if he could come up with something else though.

mrgreen4242
May 15, 2006, 09:56 AM
What? Ruining it and throwing away everything the series is known for? Yeah, I suppose it would, if you're into that.

NOOOOOOOOO!

Apology not accepted!

No.

On a more serious (sort-of) note, IGA (the producer of said games) already said it's more than likely, a no-go on the Wii (for Castlevania). He feels the controller would only complicate things and he's happy with the DS. He did say that he'd like to get his hands on the Dev Kit and see if he could come up with something else though.

Well apparantly you're to late to stop the desicration of the series, anyways, so give it up now. :)

howard
May 15, 2006, 10:34 AM
Since this new controller is really revolutionary they need to make a game that is something completely new.

Nintendo keeps talking about how someone needs to make another tetris, because of how simple yet incredibly fun and popular it is.

I think with this new controller they could make a game that really destroys the boundaries all other games have.

Dagless
May 15, 2006, 11:44 AM
It'd be nice if they did a Metroid Prime and made the Castlevania series good. If they somehow forgot about all the old 3D games, is it me or did Castlevania die in 3D? I know theres a huge petition to basically stop production of 3D Castlevania games so the public really don't like them.

Alas. Maybe the Wii debut of Castlevania will show they can still make good games. Hideo Kojima did say he can't wait to get working on Wii games (something about being bored of MGS4).

sam10685
May 15, 2006, 12:33 PM
What wii need is a confirmed release date, a confirmed launch lineup and a confirmed price......

i digress... we do need a date, lineup and price. we've been shown some good titles that wii will get, but i hope nintendo launches with some good ones.

BlizzardBomb
May 15, 2006, 01:08 PM
Since this new controller is really revolutionary they need to make a game that is something completely new.

Nintendo keeps talking about how someone needs to make another tetris, because of how simple yet incredibly fun and popular it is.

I think with this new controller they could make a game that really destroys the boundaries all other games have.

How about the return of Mario Paint? Random fly swatting here we come! :D

backupdrummer
May 15, 2006, 01:16 PM
I would like to see an updated versions of Combat from Atari.

I loved that game.

Counterfit
May 15, 2006, 01:17 PM
James Bond game, Burnout game,...Grand Theft Auto game
NO THANK YOU! (EA sucks, and the GTA series has been repetitive since forever, except the switch from top-down to 3D)

sam10685
May 15, 2006, 03:00 PM
NO THANK YOU! (EA sucks, and the GTA series has been repetitive since forever, except the switch from top-down to 3D)

how could u say that about EA? i went out and bought a PS2 when i found out Burnout 3 wasn't going to be on the 'Cube. soon as i get the money, i'm going to go get another one... i had to sell my old one because i needed some dough... (ebay rocks.)

Dagless
May 15, 2006, 03:06 PM
Echo that. they destroyed Timesplitters 3.

though I don't know the details. but TS2= No EA and good. TS3= mentions EA and crap.

Don't like GTA games that much. They're fun to run around a bit in and I did play Vice City a fair bit *loves 80's music*. SA didn't hold me. at all. I gave up and just downloaded a completed save file for that. Keeping your virtual self healthy and fit? It's a bloody game! I liked the 2D ones. Played the demo for GTA1 lots because of it's timer it was fun to try and get to 4 stars in the 5 minute demo.

2nyRiggz
May 15, 2006, 03:11 PM
Only things Wii need is a freaking price tag, launch date and two wiimotes/nunchucks in the box.

Bless

Dagless
May 15, 2006, 03:18 PM
Only things Wii need is a freaking price tag, launch date and two wiimotes/nunchucks in the box.

Bless

I have a horrible feeling it won't be until the CPU/GPU are finalised that we'll get price info. Which could be anytime until a month before the launch. damn them :(

quigleybc
May 15, 2006, 03:20 PM
yeah, those games were all fun,

but what Wii really need is something new!

Couldn't agree more.......

Counterfit
May 18, 2006, 12:58 PM
how could u say that about EA? i went out and bought a PS2 when i found out Burnout 3 wasn't going to be on the 'Cube.
I can, and did, say that about EA because they: emphasize graphics over gameplay turning a good game (Burnout) into near utter crap (Burnout 3). The menus suck (all their sports games), the controls usually suck (FIFA), and (this isn't substantiated, merely a rumor. Friend-of-a-friend thing) overwork their programmers.

srobert
May 18, 2006, 01:21 PM
I think the chances of seeing a 3D and/or Wii Castlevania game any time soon are slim to none:

According to gaming site The Magicbox, Castlevania Producer Koji Igarashi said the Castlevania franchise and Wii are not very compatible.

Igarashi stated Castlevania does not fit with Wii, because the Wii market is for people who want to have new experience; these type of people do not have time to play lengthy games like Castlevania, according to Igarashi. The Magicbox also mentioned that he does not have a good idea as to how to make use of the Wii controller in a Castlevania game.

In April, Igararashi. told Nintendo Power that he "really like[s] the controller" and "if the time allows and if [Wii] is well-received, then [he] would love to work on it." It's currently unknown if Igarashi's opinion of the Wii or desire to develop for the machine changed with the console's appearance at E3.

Gamasutra: As a series moves from 2D to 3D, the gameplay often has to change drastically. Do you feel that you can get the same action/platforming experience in 3D that you can get in 2D?

KI: No, it's basically impossible to communicate the same experience. 2D gameplay is precise - it can come down to one pixel of accuracy for attacking, defending, jumping, any sort of platforming element. In the 3D gaming environment, appreciation of distance is much more subtle, and control has to be looser. In 2D, the distance between the player and the enemy is very important, and can be planned carefully. In 3D, distance isn't the important thing, but rather timing. That 2D to 3D transition doesn't really work, and a good example of that is the N64 version. They tried to fully incorporate 2D gameplay in a 3d environment, and it didn't do well.

Gamasutra: Do you prefer the 2D style?

KI: I absolutely love it.

Gamasutra: What prompted the shift to the more simplistic anime style illustrations for the DS version of Castlevania?

KI: With Aria of Sorrow on GBA, we got good ratings, but it wasn't a really huge hit from a business perspective. I analyzed that conflicting data, and noticed that the audience is somewhat older than the classic GBA demographic. Just like with the PS2 Castlevania, the Castlevania demographic is getting older and older. So the Castlevania fanbase is only decreasing, not increasing. So the DS has a lot of potentially fun hardware-based gameplay elements, like the touch panel, which said to me that it would probably appeal to a younger audience. I felt that it was the right platform for the series, and wanted to change the style of the illustration to better fit grab that younger audience.

Dawn of Sorrow features more simplistic anime illustrations in an attempt to appeal to a younger demographic.

Gamasutra: Do you think the market for 2D action games in general is getting smaller? Will we ever see that kind of gameplay on consoles again, or only handhelds?

KI: To tell the truth, I don't think it's even that 2D is only possible on handhelds, but more that it's only possible on DS. Personally speaking, I'd jump at any chance to develop a 2D game for any console, or even the PSP, but those chances are getting fewer and fewer. I feel like the DS is the last fortress of 2D gaming. So if we can get a younger audience with this DS 2D game, and prove to them that 2D gaming is worthwhile and fun, maybe then we can increase the market for that type of game.

So I'd like to ask any gamer that cares about this to educate their children about 2D games, and maybe together we can build a bright future for this type of gameplay.

srobert
Sep 6, 2006, 01:33 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but it looks like Mr. Igarashi changed his mind about the Wii and a Wii Castlevania doesn't seem as unlikely.

Sadly we’re out of time, but we manage to squeeze in one more question. At E3 IGA said he couldn’t envision a Castlevania game working on Wii (”You cannot keep on whipping with the Wii Remote; you would get tired within five minutes,” he said back in May). Has he had any more thoughts on the subject?

“We still can’t think about anything other than this DS version because we are so busy but of course we would like to think of something interesting and pleasant for Wii. I have some ideas for Castlevania for Wii.”

Big Castlevania fan here although I don't have enjoyed the 3D ones thus far.

Link (http://gonintendo.com/?p=5354)

Tommyg117
Sep 6, 2006, 02:35 PM

haha, i'm with you on that one macrumoruser

twistedlegato
Sep 6, 2006, 06:39 PM
A zeld...oh wait we have one.
A mari...oh wait me have one.
A metroi...oh wait we have one.
A super smash br...oh wait we have one.

I think im set for a while. But a Mario cart would be awesome for the wii with wi-fi.

A wii exclusive Nintendogs would be nice to!

EDIT: I did not realize how old this thread was (well its not that old):p :p :p

Dunepilot
Sep 7, 2006, 06:22 AM
I think the chances of seeing a 3D and/or Wii Castlevania game any time soon are slim to none:

Call me ignorant, but I've never played any of the Castlevania games - are they like Dark Castle on System 6 or something? I used to love that game as a kid.

Anyway, I found this article really quite interesting. I think Super Smash Bros on the Gamecube shows that you can successfully combine 2d and 3d elements in a platform-based game for a modern console.

tominated
Sep 8, 2006, 02:59 AM
wii need an unreal tounament game, halo 1/2/3, and more of those sorts of games