Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simie

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
Any body know where I can get the error codes for an OKI c5300 - The printer takes 144-pin PC133 4-chip 16x16 SDRAM SODIMM and is producing error 002 and that according to OKI requires a mainboard replacement.

Now the cost of the labour is expensive, £90 for the first half hour and then £40 there after. This is the cost by their third party engineers, i dread to think what the parts price is.

Now my point is that OKi state error 002 is mainboard memory error and that needs replacing, If it is this SODIMM that is faulty then I can just simply replace it and away I go saving a load of cash.

Thought that I would say that i have just found OKI error codes

http://www.okic5300.co.uk/index.asp?printername=C5300&menumode=0&content=errorcodes

Error 002 according to this page is DSI Exception (When the program has attempted to look up an invalid address)

Recovery (very useless)

Note the 24-digit addresses (usually 3), then restart the printer. Check reproducibility if possible. Repeat the same operation after restarting the printer and check if the same service call message appears

Then what buy a new OKI

I have just found this in a OKI Document

CU(CPU or CU firmware itself) detected an abnormal behavior of CU firmware. (It is possible that the root cause is a problem of the CU board.) This is in reference to errors 002 003 004 005 006 007

So does this mean faulty firmware do to motherboard fault or memory problem due to SoDimm fault?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.