PDA

View Full Version : CNN's E3 Wrapup

Abulia
May 15, 2006, 04:52 PM
Read it here (http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/fun.games/05/15/e3.wrapup/index.html). To start the flames, though:
Biggest disappointment
In a word: Sony. From its long and boring conference to its so-so game lineup to its steep price ($499 to $599, depending on the configuration), the PlayStation 3, due out November 17, failed to impress at the show.

clayj
May 15, 2006, 04:58 PM
Let's hope Spore isn't just a PC/Mac game. We need an Xbox 360 version.

Expect Sony to bounce back at E3 2007 (especially after game designers have had enough time with the high-end hardware) but the PS3 was without a doubt the most disappointing of the three consoles at this year's expo.This is funny because Microsoft didn't even introduce a console... seems to me that if you compare E3 to the SATs, Microsoft is the kid who skipped the essay section completely (while Nintendo and Sony both completed it) and still got a better score than Sony.

Runners-up for prettiest game: Ubisoft's "Assassin's Creed" and Microsoft Game Studios' "Gears of War" and "Mass Effect."All running on Xbox 360s... even when Sony demoed Assassin's Creed in their booth. :p

2nyRiggz
May 15, 2006, 08:35 PM
Sony will bounce back.....believe that....yes i want them to because i want all the consoles to make it.

Bless

AvSRoCkCO1067
May 15, 2006, 08:42 PM
Sony will bounce back.....believe that....yes i want them to because i want all the consoles to make it.

Bless

I agree - competition is good. However, it would be nice to see all the console's bounce back evenly - in other words, ideally, each console would have a 33% market share.

Sony has enjoyed the lead for the past few years - and I think their arrogance is starting to show a bit (they were, no offense 2nyRiggz, a bit of a letdown - not to say they weren't impressive)

The same goes for Apple - they've done a magnificent job (in my opinion) of keeping the iPod and iTunes competitive, and that has allowed them to continue to lead. Certainly, the competition has been lackluster - but Apple acknowledges it, and continues to outdue it. Everyone needs a bit of competition :p .

2nyRiggz
May 15, 2006, 08:48 PM
arrogance is starting to show a bit (they were, no offense 2nyRiggz, a bit of a letdown - not to say they weren't impressive)

None taken....i know sony conference sucked....but the games were good.

Bless

rockthecasbah
May 15, 2006, 09:11 PM
if anyone watched the video coverage from that page you'll see they're just talking out of their asses. The line was i believe "Who will come out ahead when all of these consoles hit the store shelves? You the consumer. Analysts say all the choice will bring prices down as gameplay goes up" That is bull. Both console prices (as we've seen so far with the 360 and PS3) have gone up, and that it could be estimated new games for next gen systems could increase as much as $10. Prices will not be going down anytime soon...:mad:

Archmagination
May 15, 2006, 09:33 PM
ROFL!! Paris Hilton is always bringing out the unintentional humor.
Funniest moment

On May 11, hotel heiress and socialite Paris Hilton not only showed up late to endorse her upcoming cell phone game, but she also called it by the wrong name. "Sorry I'm late. I'm really excited to have my new videogame, Diamond Quest," she announced proudly to the gawking crowds.

Problem is, the name of the Gameloft game -- which appeared in large letters behind the celebrity -- is "Paris Hilton's Jewel Jam." Ouch! Night-vision goggles are not required to play this handheld puzzle diversion. Ahem.

AppleinJapan
May 16, 2006, 02:49 AM
I just hope that the two Japanese companies burn Microsoft up....
and this is from a guy who has the original X-box...they could have done better here in Japan with the 360 eg: released the console later and with better qualitily games for the japanese market but NO

MacRumorUser
May 16, 2006, 03:16 AM
I just hope that the two Japanese companies burn Microsoft up....
and this is from a guy who has the original X-box...they could have done better here in Japan with the 360 eg: released the console later and with better qualitily games for the japanese market but NO

Do you see that bridge? Don't you think it's time to GET OVER IT :rolleyes:

Seriously at least they are trying and continue to try. They cant help it if there task is like climbing mount everest as a limbless torsoe....