PDA

View Full Version : My iPOD is skipping song so I cannot play any

vincelepunk
May 15, 2006, 07:03 PM
Hi, I have a Mini iPod First Generation 4 GB. It worked well since I had it. For sometimes now, when I try to play song on it, it skips the song, which is not normal, in my way of thinking. The song's title shows up and the artist but it should be ready to begin, it goes to the song after it and after it and after it. I cannot listen to any songs. :eek: When I go back browsing the Menu, it bugs (like I scroll the wheel but nothing moves, it makes a Beep! and I finally scroll down 3 seconds or more after I finished. As it ever happened to someone ? I think it's the Firmware but I don't want to run the utility :D Can some1 help me plz ?

exeterbohemian
May 16, 2006, 01:14 AM
sounds like there's a glitch on your ipod's harddrive somewhere... i experienced something like this awhile back on my 3g ipod.

while you may not 'want' to, the best thing to try at this stage would be to run the ipod updater utility and either update the firmware or reinstall the firmware if you're already running the latest version. firmware updates don't require you to resync your library, so hopefully this won't present too much of a hassle.

if that doesn't work, you may end up having to reformat the drive. which can be a pain, admittedly, but is generally an effective remedy for most problems.

best of luck. :cool:

EricNau
May 16, 2006, 01:19 AM
Have you simply plugged it into the computer and let it sync with iTunes? I've had an iPod do this before and that will fix it half of the time. The other half of the time I usually have to update it.

Sharewaredemon
May 16, 2006, 08:11 AM
Are these songs purchased through the iTMS?

Check out this thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=135303