PDA

View Full Version : ipod dictionary, someone with tiger please?

funkychunkz
May 15, 2006, 07:56 PM
After scouring the net for a good half hour, I finally found an ipod dictonary formatter in a painfully obvious place: apple downloads.

Over here- (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/ipod_itunes/idictionary.html)

Alas I don't have tiger, and therefore no means to use this ( most important is the dictionary file). I was hoping someone could send me an attachement of the formatted for ipod file? (Zipping would be faster to upload)

This would be greatly appreciated, cause I just love words. :)

You could PM me or email me at f u n k y c h u n k z 9 2 {->} h o t m a i l . c o m .

ero87
May 15, 2006, 09:19 PM
Have you seen the power of spotlight?!!? sell as many of your pets as you have to, and buy TIGER!!!

calebjohnston
May 15, 2006, 09:34 PM
Have you seen the power of spotlight?!!? sell as many of your pets as you have to, and buy TIGER!!!

That's the strangest thing I've ever read. There has been no mention of pets at all, but you're suggesting to sell them all.

Also, I don't believe I've ever used spotlight for anything other than removing two/three 1kb files after uninstalling a program.

Vader
May 15, 2006, 09:50 PM
which do you want?
Dictionary, or thesaurus?
I could just do both.

Vader
May 15, 2006, 09:52 PM
hold on, you need to pay for it to use it.
now I dl-ed the light version, using that now.
need any of these options?

Vader
May 15, 2006, 10:36 PM
Okay, default settings
0 is dictionary
1 is thesaurus
not sure where you put the stuff on the ipod.
too big to upload
here (http://david.zaphodmcmillan.com/iDictionary.zip)

funkychunkz
May 16, 2006, 02:08 PM
I'll try this for a while, if I like it I might end up buying the software- and Tiger too (I seem to be missing lots).

Vader
May 16, 2006, 08:45 PM
Cool, I can do it again with any of the options you want as well.

gammamonk
May 17, 2006, 01:31 AM
I'll try this for a while, if I like it I might end up buying the software- and Tiger too (I seem to be missing lots).

I'd get Tiger just for the speed improvements. Funny how each version of windows is slower, and each version of OSX is faster. We're still behind tho...