Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamJ

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
So on Friday I got this great intuos3 tablet. It was working perfectly in photoshop when I was playing around with settings such as pen pressure etc.

Since Sunday however, when I try to use the tablet in photoshop with the brush and pencil tools, it brings up a small yellow box with grid blue lines running horizontally. It looks almost like a sheet of yellow lined paper. The brush can still be seen applied onto this box in greyish colour, but when I pull the pen away from the pad the brush is not applied to the layer. The selected tool also automatically switches to the cursor tool on the right.

I have checked out the system preferences and have reinstalled the wacom drivers. I'm certain I've got the correct drivers for Intel Macs. I've also checked the brush settings in Photoshop This problem does not occur when using Illustrator funnily enough. I really do not want to install Photoshop again as that takes a decade on an Intel Mac.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.