PDA

View Full Version : X.2.4 sw Folder: What is This?

pimentoLoaf
Feb 14, 2003, 11:44 PM
I just noticed a new folder at the root level:

sw

Inside was:

lib

Inside this:

libcrypto.0.9.6.dylib
libcurl.2.0.2.dylib
libcurl.2.dylib
libdl.0.dylib
libssl.0.9.6.dylib

Any idea what this is for?

shakespeare
Feb 14, 2003, 11:53 PM
Did you install Virex? Virex added a bunch of ugly stuff in my system, an 'sw' folder being one of them. I used the install log and Path Finder to get rid of all of it.

shadowfax
Feb 15, 2003, 12:03 AM
that's also the folder that fink installs into, but they just posted a thing on how virex screws fink up by installing stuff into its folder, so this is probably virex. you would know if you had fink.

pimentoLoaf
Feb 15, 2003, 08:17 AM
Date of creation was around noontime 14 Feb, so it can't be Virex, as I updated that program by downloading the new version earlier in the month.

I did download X.2.4 in the early (nighttime) morning of 14 Feb, so that's what it has to be -- though I still don't know what it is.

BTW, what's fink?

RBMaraman
Feb 15, 2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by shakespeare
Did you install Virex? Virex added a bunch of ugly stuff in my system, an 'sw' folder being one of them. I used the install log and Path Finder to get rid of all of it.

Shakespeare,

Now that you got rid of the sw folder, does your Virex still work? I did the same thing you did, and I found that Virex stopped working. So, I reinstalled and just left the sw folder.

shakespeare
Feb 15, 2003, 08:52 AM
Oh, no, no, no, I was so angered by the presence of the 'sw' folder that I got rid of Virex altogether.

I do not appreciate ugliness! They could have accomplished everything they wanted to by a simple application and a Library/Application Support/Virex folder. But noooo. I was not happy. ;)

shadowfax
Feb 15, 2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by pimentoLoaf
Date of creation was around noontime 14 Feb, so it can't be Virex, as I updated that program by downloading the new version earlier in the month.

I did download X.2.4 in the early (nighttime) morning of 14 Feb, so that's what it has to be -- though I still don't know what it is.

BTW, what's fink?

http://fink.sourceforge.net