PDA

View Full Version : Guys and gals...how can you create a video playlist?

monty100
May 16, 2006, 12:59 PM
Hi there....i have a mac bookpro and I would like to set a video smartlist or video playlist so that when i use front row to watch my music videos I can see one video after another whether it going back to choice of song once a video has played. For isnatnce if you use front row to listen to one song from a playlist it automatically moves onto the next song in the playlist. Is their anyway of doing the same with videos so that one video plays straight after the previous one in the music video playlist.

Not sure if im making sense but can someone tell me how to do this if its possible?

Many Thanks

A confused apple fanatic!

technicolor
May 16, 2006, 03:43 PM
Yes

In the "Kind" field put MPEG-4 video file, so it knows to only target those

then you can do whatever

monty100
May 17, 2006, 05:15 AM
I know how to make a music video smartlist....what I dont know how to do is make a video playlist that plays VIDEOS as opposed to just the song in front row. If I select the video smart or playlist in Front Row it appears in the music section and not video section therefore all I can do is play a video playlist that plays the tune and shows album art but not the video!!!

So just to try and explain myself I would like if its possible to play videos one after another without after each video going back to the menu for me to select my next choice....call me lazy but watcing them while I try and sleep without having to use the remote would be so cool!

Thanks anyway

:)

Chundles
May 17, 2006, 08:06 AM
Make a playlist, fill it with only music videos, access it through the "Videos" section of Front Row.

aussie.damo
Jan 22, 2008, 04:32 PM
Make a playlist, fill it with only music videos, access it through the "Videos" section of Front Row.

Can you confirm that this actually works in Leopard's version of FrontRow, because this is not the experience I have had. I have made video playlists but they will not play consecutively when accessed through FrontRow. If I try and select the "Shuffle" option, FrontRow springs an error message.

Of course, I can access the videos through FrontRow, but once one finishes, it returns to the playlist. I then need to select the next video to play. Very annoying.

Damo

spitkicker
Jan 27, 2008, 10:36 PM
I have the same issues and was wondering if you have found a fix for this issue?

I have made a video play list, but it doesn't shuffle or play the next video in the playlist.

What I'm trying to do is similar to a music playlist where all i have to do is let my music videos come on after each other randomly.

That way I don't have to keep picking the next video.

jaybeehot
Mar 24, 2008, 09:17 PM
I guess we're all still waiting for the ability to continuously play music videos down through a playlist rather than stopping after each video. For the life of me I cannot figure out why Apple have not addressed this.

Dimwhit
Jun 28, 2008, 01:23 PM
Chalk me up an another annoyed movie watcher. I'm starting to get a lot of movies in iTunes and it's unwieldy in Front Row. Not only that, but I want to separate the kids movies from the adult movies. The only way to do that is with a playlist, but Front Row won't show video playlists in the video section (they show up in the music section but won't actually play).