PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars II for Mac??

id-sign
May 17, 2006, 03:15 PM
Sorry if I didn't search for this topic hard enough...didn't see it...

I see LSW2 announced for everything including PC but "Mac" isn't in the list...???

I don't see why they would leave out the Mac version as it is among the most popular Mac games and Mac is getting more popular. Any news about it?

eva01
May 17, 2006, 03:30 PM
Because Mac games come out much later than windows versions.

Compatiblepoker
May 17, 2006, 07:26 PM
Give it time Daniel son.

Ja Di ksw
May 17, 2006, 08:39 PM
Give it time Daniel son.

Shouldn't that be, "Feel for it, Luke. You will know when the time is right for the game to come out"?

dmw007
May 17, 2006, 09:20 PM
Because Mac games come out much later than windows versions.

Oh how true eva01........sad, but true....... :rolleyes: :(

Stridder44
May 18, 2006, 12:36 AM
You're thinking about actually buying the game?

I think that should be your biggest question.

id-sign
May 18, 2006, 12:59 AM
You're thinking about actually buying the game?

I think that should be your biggest question.

Yeah....for my 9 year old son who loves the original and is anxiously awaiting the sequel.

Man, you get at least 1 sarcastic answer no matter what you post on a forum...:rolleyes:

jamesmcd
May 18, 2006, 03:07 AM
Yeah I'm good at that. I guess this topic already has one so I wont bother...

truz
May 18, 2006, 03:11 AM
get a intel mac and load windows on it and play pc games ;)

currently what I do.. use windows for gaming only. mac for email, web, business....

jamesmcd
May 18, 2006, 03:22 AM
Exactly the same here. PCs are for games, Macs are for work in my opinion. And please, I don't want to hear comments about Access.

DougTheImpaler
May 18, 2006, 08:03 AM
Lego Star Wars was mindless fun, really...sure ti's a kid's game, but ti's fun for all ages. :D

Yannick
Sep 20, 2006, 08:45 PM
Sorry if I didn't search for this topic hard enough...didn't see it...

I see LSW2 announced for everything including PC but "Mac" isn't in the list...???

I don't see why they would leave out the Mac version as it is among the most popular Mac games and Mac is getting more popular. Any news about it?

I wrote to aspyr who ported "star wars lego" (episodes 1,2,3), asking them if they have any plan to port it to the Mac platform.

Here is the answer (sept 15):

First, we appreciate you thinking of us when you think about having games developed for the Mac platform.

We continually evaluate games to be brought over to the platform, looking at several factors including its popularity, whether the Mac market is interested in the game, whether the company that owns the rights is interested in having a Mac version, and how hard it would be to port over (for example, if a game using the same software engine has already been ported, it becomes much easier for us to have it done). Our customers are one of the sources of determining interest, so we thank you for your mail.

If you have not done so, you can subscribe to our newsletter, which is sent out via email on a monthly basis. This newsletter is where we announce new projects. We also have a project status page at our website that shows what is being worked on.

Regrettably, if a game is not shown on that page, or we have not made an announcement about them, then we have no public comment as to whether we are evaluating it or not.

Thanks for your interest in Aspyr Media.
Have a nice day.

Yannick
Sep 20, 2006, 08:53 PM
By the way, it makes me think of a question. I play with my kid "star wars lego" (episodes 1,2,3), on my PB G4. But on aspyr website (and on the box of the game), it says for the requirements that it needs G4 or G5.

My question is: is it possible to play it correctly on an Mac intel. I guess that the game is going to be run under rosetta, and I am concerned that then the performance will drop and that the game won't be enjoyable.

So, anybody has tried already on a Mac intel ? It would be great to be reassured because I plan to sale my PB G4 for Christmas or next summer, to buy an MacBook Pro.

Thanks.

cedge20
Sep 23, 2006, 09:41 AM
My question is: is it possible to play it correctly on an Mac intel. I guess that the game is going to be run under rosetta, and I am concerned that then the performance will drop and that the game won't be enjoyable.

So, anybody has tried already on a Mac intel ? It would be great to be reassured because I plan to sale my PB G4 for Christmas or next summer, to buy an MacBook Pro.
================
We have a G3 iBook and an Intel iMac; we've only ever run Lego Star Wars I on the Intel, and it works fine (well, most applications seem faster than our G3, anyway!). My 10-year-old addict doesn't have any problems with it, either(i.e., goes too slowly or freezes up, nothing like that)

Yannick
Sep 23, 2006, 05:02 PM
We have a G3 iBook and an Intel iMac; we've only ever run Lego Star Wars I on the Intel, and it works fine (well, most applications seem faster than our G3, anyway!). My 10-year-old addict doesn't have any problems with it, either(i.e., goes too slowly or freezes up, nothing like that)

Thanks for posting. It's good news and a relief. :)

twistedlegato
Sep 23, 2006, 09:58 PM

================

I thought he was 9;)

Oh well then tell him Happy Birthday;)

bokdol
Sep 26, 2006, 04:12 PM
I thought he was 9;)

Oh well then tell him Happy Birthday;)

there are 2 people with kids here. one is 9 the OP's kid. and another is 10, cedge20's kid.

any how, how young do you have to be to play i have a 4 year old nephew. and i want to buy it for him. is he too young?

DougTheImpaler
Sep 26, 2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah....for my 9 year old son who loves the original and is anxiously awaiting the sequel.

Man, you get at least 1 sarcastic answer no matter what you post on a forum...:rolleyes:
I'm 28 years old, and I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Of course, it was only a five-day rental, but I saw the whole game, aside from getting 100% on everything.