Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Afro1989

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
I hope someone can answer this by tonight 'cause this logo project is due tomorrow. :D

This is the first time I've ever used Illustrator so I want to know how to type on the inner/dip part of this pen line instead of on the outside but it won't let me. There must be a very easy way to do this. Thanks!

picture15wu.jpg

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I forget what the insertion point thing is called (I'll call it the I beam) anyhow, gram that and drag it to the other side of the line - it will flip the text to that side.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
If you click on the text with the Direct Selection Tool (the top right arrow in the left palette), you'll see two boxes appear on your arc. Halfway between these will be something that looks like a "perpendicular" symbol:

images.jpeg

Grab it and drag it to the other side of the arc.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
WildCowboy said:
If you click on the text with the Direct Selection Tool (the top right arrow in the left palette), you'll see two boxes appear on your arc. Halfway between these will be something that looks like a "perpendicular" symbol:

View attachment 47752

Grab it and drag it to the other side of the arc.

MUCH better description. Sorry about that. I'm away from my workstation and couldn't remember specifics. It's amazing at how second nature these things become over time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.